October 14, 2009

Gingerbread waffles

It has been a rough night. Perhaps I have had 4 hours of sleep at best!
Bear turned 15 months last week and it's been a little insane around here ever since. I keep repeatin
g...

it's just a phase
it's just a phase

it's just a phase...

yeah, well it hasn't helped center me just yet, so when Bear woke up this morning after another rough night where he needed to be pulled in to our bed, I took matters into my own hands and did what any good Mama would do-

I made a comforting
, delicious breakfast
for me because I so needed it Bear.
Gingerbread waffles- Mmmm the perfect Fall breakfast! Want some? I thought so! Now follow along:



In a pot, combine 1C molasses (I use blackstrap), 1/4C cocoa an
d 1/2C butter over medium heat until it almost boils. Remove from heat and let it cool a bit then throw it in your mixing bowl. Add 1/2C milk, 1 egg, 1 1/2t baking soda, 2C flour, 1 1/2t ginger, 1/2t cinnamon and 1/4t salt to bowl and mix together until smooth. Heat up your waffle iron and get to it! The recipe makes about 6 waffles and they are extra good with chocolate syrup or as a dessert with pumpkin ice cream.

They're guaranteed to make a 15 month old go from feeling like this (note the teary, oh so sad eyes):






to feeling like this:




well, it's a little better anyway!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs