November 04, 2009

Monkey Bread Morning


When I need a quick pick me up in the morning, Monkey Bread is always the recipe I pull out. It's super fast, cinnamony, buttery and fills the house with a most delicious smell! The only thing I can't guarantee is it's healthfulness, but sometimes I just like going for the yumminess factor!

To begin, butter a loaf pan or, if you are a lucky gal like me, use your very own Monkey Bread Pot!

Make the dough by combining 3/4C warm water, 1 package (or tablespoon) of yeast, 1/4C sugar, 1 beaten egg, pinch of salt and about 3C flour. Mix these up until a dough forms and add a bit more flour if it is overly sticky.

Next, melt about 4T of butter. While this is melting, mix up a little cinnamon sugar with about 1 part cinnamon to 3 parts sugar.

Roll the dough into golf ball size pieces, dip in the cinnamon sugar, then the butter and finally place in the loaf pan. Place the pan in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The bread is done when it is puffy and golden brown.

Invert loaf pan onto a dish while it is still hot and the bread will slide right out. Can you say delicious?!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs