November 06, 2009

Now you know the Continents

Bear's got rhythm.
He loves to sway his hips to music an
d stomp
his little feet.

Perhaps he got that trait from me because Champ would be the first to tell you it certainly wasn't from
his gene pool!!!! Regardless, I like to gather songs for Bear and I to learn together and I came upon one that had a Montessori theme to it.

The problem is, I discovered it on the Internet before I knew I'd be a blogger, so I have no author to pass along. I am going to hunt for where I found it, but in the meantime, if you come across it's owner, do tell me as credit is due for this perfect little ditty!


"The Continent Song" (to the tune of "The Muffin Man")

Do you know the continents,
the continents, the continents?

Do you know the continents all around the world?

There's Asia and Africa
North and South America
Europe and Antarctica
and Australia.

Now you know the continents,
the continents, the continents.

Now you know the continents all around the world!

Montessori proposes that children begin learning about geography and land masses at an early age; beginning with a broad scope and then narrowing the lens to more specific identifications as the child grows
.

Bear loves jammin' along to this song and passing his stuffed globe ball around as we sing it. Today as the snowflakes fall (yes it's snowing here!) and my off key voice leads, we are quite the scene...

singing our hearts out about the Continents, all afternoon long
.


1 comments:

Katelyn said...

I clicked on your tag Montessori...my initial training in education is in Montessori Early Childhood 3-6 years. Do you have formal training? I LOVE the theory for the little guys. I'm hoping we can afford to send Brookly when she is three and four. If not I still have all my materials from when I taught preschool....I have a continent song too!

These are the continents, these are the continents, these are the continents of our World.

North America, South America, Africa, Europe and Asia.

Don't forget Australia. Don't forget Antarctica.

These are the continents, these are the continents, these are the continents of our World.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs