December 21, 2009

Not Me Monday




Oh how I love Mckmama, especially when she hosts "Not me Mondays" as it provides me with a way to deny all that has happened in this final rush of the holiday season. If you too need a good therapy session, go check out her blog. I insist.


Welcome to "Not Me Monday" a place where I can turn Murphy's law into something wonderful- by denying it.


  













I most certainly did not put a diaper outside of Bear's pants during nap and then keep it on him while I finished baking Christmas cookies.  No indeed!  I would have estimated that he would fall asleep driving home from errands and I would have traded out his underwear for a diaper before he caught a little shuteye. 



















and while baking said cookies; I would never, I mean never ever allow Bear to entertain himself by decorating and then playing peek-a-boo with handfuls of cookies.  That would be improper table manners not to mention the MESS it would create!!  I would not need a few moments to finish up a baking project that desperately.  No way.


Bear and I would not then deliver some of those cookies as a thank you to our local diner.  Seriously, there is no way I would get caught in a snow squall without snow tires on the car yet and have to find refuse in a public restaurant.  Not me!  Certainly not for upwards of 5 hours including nap time because that just wouldn't be fun.

Not me for sure.  I am way more aware of weather patterns than that- especially ones that come out of nowhere.  


   
My friend and I would not have wrangled our way into a Yankee swap game at a work holiday party even though we did not even bring our own gifts to swap

We absolutely did not fight to the finish to score a heirloom squash as our gift.  With choices like wine, candles and books who in their right mind  would

want to take a squash?!



I am a good mama.  Really.  If Bear is scared of Santa this year, I wouldn't even think of having him meet the jolly man for the third time this season.  I would certainly not disrespect my child like that all in the name of a photo opportunity.  I mean come on, who does that?!  


Not me, that's for sure and while I could go on telling you of my virtues, you'll need to excuse me as I still have some holiday baking to do...


4 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

Love the pic of the diaper outside the pants. Priceless! And it's so good to know other moms let their kids wreak all kinds of havoc while they're trying to accomplish a bazillion things.

Love this!
p.s. I'm your newest follower!

Shell said...

A squash???

I love that last pic. Too funny!

Curried Cupcakes said...

I'm going to have to remember the diaper over the pants trick!
I think i would have fought for that squash too, it is adorable.

Jenilee said...

what a fun post! playing with cookies is a great way to entertain a baby! :) that's a creative momma!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs