December 02, 2009

Turkey again?!

What?  You're still eating turkey?
Yeah, me too and I'm almost 
(but not quite) sick of it.



This beauty right here helped to make gobbling up my leftover turkey yummy, healthy and rather pretty, don't you agree?


Quick, run to your fridge, I'll wait...
Ok, did you find a bit of turkey?  Any other food waifs?  Awesome!  This will be the perfect place to hide them serve them. 


You'll need:
1 loaf of bread dough (either frozen or homemade)
2T mayonaise
1-2T your favorite mustard
1/2T onion powder
1-2C shredded cheese(how cheesy do you want it?!)
I used cheddar

1 beaten egg
1C shredded turkey
1-2C assorted veggies, leftovers, other meats
a few tablespoons of cornmeal


I used my staple homemade rustic white bread recipe for the dough and I snuck in leftover pepperoni, green peppers, red onions, salad greens and cooked green beans to the filling.  If you want my bread recipe, just leave a comment and I'd be happy to pass it along.




Roll out the dough to be a rectangle about 13X9, but really it doesn't matter all that much.

Spread on the mayo and mustard adding more if you want and any further seasonings to tempt your palette.  Toss on your turkey and assorted leftover goodies, then sprinkle with cheese, onion powder and a little salt and pepper.  Now begins the rolling.  Make sure you've left a little margin around your dough and fold in the the two 9" sides then roll up the dough lengthwise.

Grease a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.  Pick up your stuffed sandwich and place it on the baking sheet seam side down.  Make a few slashes in the dough for good measure then brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.


Bake at 350* for about 45 minutes or until golden and brown.  You will be able to serve at least 6 hungry people and they might not even recognize that it's Thanksgiving all over again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs