December 16, 2009

You Capture: holiday decor

Today I am participating in a 

Photobucket











hosted by Beth over at I should be folding laundry.  Her blog is quite fabulous and you should go see for yourself.

This week's "You Capture" is all about holiday decor.  Let me warn you folks, the whole reason I'm doing this is to get better at using my point and shoot so that

a) I learn to take better pictures
b) I become less obsessed with wanting to own a DSLR

now which of these things do you think will actually happen as I begin to participate in "You Captures"?


yeah that's what I thought, too. *sigh*

 
A typical decor around here any time of year is Bear, but today he's got his Christmas sweater on, see?


Our nativity set holds a place of honor in our house
and this year...





Bear has his very own set, too.  In this little corner


carolers sing and the prized advent mug that St. Nicholas brought earlier this month is kept out of the reach of curious hands.  Hey, she said holiday decor not earth shattering pictures so there!

We have a place to hang our Christmas cards


and a centerpiece (as well as a child) on the table.

  
When Champ and I were first married (way back in 1998 in case you needed an answer to a trivia question) he started a very special Christmas tradition.


We keep a copy of "The Night Before Christmas" on the bed stand and he reads it to me every night (well, almost every night) of Advent.  



We hang our stockings on the mantel and enjoy the natural decor of snow on the lake and

for the first time ever since moving to New England...
  

We have an indoor Christmas tree.  It's only about 2 feet tall and it tips, but hey, we broke down and actually brought our Christmas tree inside this year.


I'd show you our amazing outdoor Christmas tree, but you know since I don't have a DSLR and all... 


Thanks for stopping by!  Come back next week as my "You Captures" can only improve from here.  I hope.


7 comments:

busygirl said...

i love all the frames around the photos! great captures!

Melissa said...

Love all of these...your so creative with your scrapbooky look!

yestheyareallmine said...

Beautiful photos!

Colleen said...

I think you took some great pics, but did you really think this would make you NOT want a dslr? It's only made me want one more! :)

T.J. said...

Boy do I hear you, but ya know, Christmas is a time for miracles... (yeah right!)

Katelyn said...

Great photos! I actually took the light photos with my point and shoot ;) I used the scenic mode High Sensitive to bump up the ISO. I turned OFF the flash. Then I darkened the shadows in Picasa3. Hope that helps!

Sarah said...

love the scrap book look!! so creative!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs