January 22, 2010

I'm here, but I'm not

*Hey all, I just had to come back and point out that Miss Tami my #14 is no longer my newest follower. So... while I still think you are wicked cool #14, I'd like to direct everyone's attention to follower #15, Mrs. Bird.  You'll hear more about this great bloggy friend next week.  Ok, just had to point that out.


So I'm here, but I'm not.

I am currently in the midst of a family reunion of sorts.  A bunch of Champ's family is here (a few for the very first time since we've moved) and so I am spending time with them and enjoying every second.

Right now I'm probably sledding in our backyard, or eating something delicious someone brought along.  

Maybe I'm touring a bunch of family around our town showing them the novelties like 

where we get our milk (from the farm, of course) 

or how we pick up our mail (at a very small, cozy post office where the postal workers know us all by name) 

or picking up some fresh maple syrup (processed in a Mason jar).

Anyway, the point is, I'm here, but I'm not.

I will be back though next week.  Oh yes I will, and there will be exciting news involving a Not Me Monday and my very first blog award!  Ooh, I can't wait to share about it!

Until we chat again, have a lovely weekend and I leave you with this pot of beans:


















Unlike a hill of beans, you can actually do something with it.  If you are a bean lover like me (and meet my assumptions that you own a wood stove and some cast iron), try this tip over the weekend:

Get your wood stove roaring.  Dump 1-2C beans into a cast iron pot and then fill the pot with water until 3/4 of the way full.  Place the pot on the stove.  Check on it every hour or so and within 2-3 hours you will have a fresh pot of beans.


I think it's a pretty cool trick that results in cooked beans for soup, conservation of energy and a break for Athena.


One last thing, a special thank you to Tami, my newest follower over there to the right.  I like the number 13, I do, but I wasn't thrilled to have it as my follower count because, well, I guess I am a teeny bit superstitious when it comes to numbers.  

Thankfully, before I could dwell on it too long, Tami came along and remedied the situation by becoming a most wonderful 14.  Thank you.  You've saved me from driving myself crazy with #13 ponderings.

Have a great weekend, all!


4 comments:

Jennifer Campbell said...

I can't wait to hear about your time with family and everything you are doing. Have fun!

Darlene said...

Hope you are having a great time with your family! You actually have 15 followers as I am typing this....WOOHOO.♥

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!
It's you cuz from WAHOOOOOOOO NEBRASKA!!!
I just love saying that.
Your blog is a fun place to visit.
Love your take on life.
your cousin,
Tricia

Catherine Anne said...

Love it here. Got you a new follower!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs