January 13, 2010

Thanks are in order


I mean clouds.  Yes, that's it. CLOUDS.

Why?
Google recently did it's latest page ranking review and

Holey Moley

I was shocked to find that this little 'ol blog has made progress in the month it's been out and about in public.

This has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with you, all our wonderful visitors!!

So THANK YOU for everything from swinging by here on occasion, to subscribing, to telling your friends about this blog, to leaving wonderful comments.  All of it has helped get "Any Given Moment" onto the blogging scene, but more than that, it has helped to build a great little community that I simply adore (yup, that's all of you).

My intention in creating this blog was to get back in to writing while sharing my love of family, recipes, photography novice photography, Montessori and random thoughts of a 30 something gal.  These continue to be my daily inspiration for blogging, but I've gotta say...

it's gosh darn cool to Google "Any Given Moment" and actually have it come up. 

Go ahead, try it.  Neato.  So thanks again and er, um, keep doing what your doing.  Yes?


In other news:

I've added a Swagbuck's button to my sidebar because I am completely sold on the site's coolness.


For example, my Mom got me the book on the left a few years ago.  I'm sure she paid well for it, but it was certainly worth it.  I am enamored with Simple Abundance and take it to heart (more in a future post, promise.).  

The book on the right - ordered with my Swagbucks through Amazon.com.  I gave it as a Christmas present and it cost me absolutely nothing.

It's totally free to sign up to Swagbucks.  Once you have an account, you use Swagbucks the way you would use Google or Yahoo.   The difference is that you are randomly awarded Swagbucks throughout the day and typically, the more you use the engine, the more Swagbucks you earn.  You can then redeem those Swagbucks for prizes, Paypal cash, or in my case, an Amazon.com gift certificateTheir search engine is pretty concise, but when I occasionally don't find what I'm looking for, I just use Google- simple as that.  

Click on my Swagbucks button to find out more.

and finally:

you already know that for my family, this Christmas was all about saving the cash.  Besides following Compact methods and using Swagbucks, I also made a bunch of homemade things.  Mostly they were edible because, well YUM.

However, I also created this

   

and this



as gifts.  For me, they are a fun, personalized gift to make and most times, I'm able to use scrap wood from a woodworking shop down the road.  Then not only is the finished project free to create and made with love, but it's recycled, too.

I concede that we have a little bit of time before the holidays roll around again, but one can never be too prepared.  I am beginning to gather up gift ideas for next year and the more homemade or free the better. 

Got any good ideas?  Oh, do share especially since now I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone besides me will actually read the comment you leave and be inspired, too.  

Seriously, how cool is that? Man, thanks again everyone!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Always enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with the Vermont "connection". Thanks for inspiring me to create one, although not much activitiy, it is fun to do. Love to the men in your life!

Jennifer Campbell said...

Congrats!!! I love my Simple Abundance book... thank you! I am trying to live by it. I know I will get there! I love your creations... I can't wait to make stuff like that for our house. Did you check out my poetry blog? I know you like to make cards and thought you might like to play along.

Darlene said...

I have enjoyed meeting you in the blogosphere! I've never heard of swagbucks but it sounds neat. Your homemade crafts are too cute. I have seen the Simple Abundance book on several blogs but I have never looked at one. Maybe I need to get it. Hope you are enjoying your evening.♥

Emmy said...

Congrats on moving up in the blogworld :) I started my blog a little over a year ago now and really do love it and love the friends I am able to make through it.

Thanks for stopping by my photo blog today. Glad you liked the picture.. photography is definitely my main hobby, soon to be business.

Erin said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog post from yesterday. It helps to know I have good friends in BlogLand! And congrats on everything---and cute signs you've made. I wish I was crafty!

Allison said...

I LOVE the recycled quotable art you gave me last year. It is hanging in our living room! I love it and would have bought it in a store, but love it more because I know you made it! :)

Jennifer said...

Hey those were my prezzies! To think- featured on the famous Any Given Moment blog and now in my home! ShaZam! xoxo

T.J. said...

Ha! Oh yeah world famous, Jennifer! Thankfully you still love your thrifty friend even after this expose :)

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs