January 13, 2010

You Capture: Winter

Photobucket











This week's You Capture theme is "Winter".  Vermont has no lack of snow right now, so you'd better believe my photography focus this week was the snow.

Although I did contemplate photographing roaring fires and cups of hot cocoa instead.  So much easier than donning my snow gear, stuffing Bear in his snowsuit and plodding outside...

Anyway.

I took photos of snowy things.  Look at them please.  Then head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry and check out some more lovely winter posts.  After you do those things, you are free to go about your day.


Along with snow comes skiing.  This is one of the ski mountains I see on my way to work.
 

 I also pass this, Champ's wood pile, on my way to work each day.  I like looking at the mountain better.


  Don't let that sun deceive you.  It's been COLD.


See?  Cold.

 

I mean, I do like winter, but somehow, I enjoy that swing better when my feet can dangle in the lake.

And that gang, is the end.

17 comments:

Kirsten said...

Very cool pictures, figuratively and literally.

Colleen said...

Brrrr... I love the icicle picture!

alita said...

I like to dangle my feet in the lake, too... The swing pic is a great shot. The snow is falling so softly, but you can really tell that swing gets a lot of action during the summer months and it looks a little lonely.

Terri said...

Beautiful winter captures.

JadeLD said...

It's been cold here too, but I've not seen any icicles like that here, that's amazing. I love your swing - I can't wait to have a garden too!

Erin said...

That third shot with the sun is so pretty!

Bunch of Barrons said...

These are all great! :) Love those last two especially!

Kate@And Then I Was a Mom said...

Gorgeous pictures. Down here in equally chilly MA, I am raging with jealousy that you can look forward to dipping your feet in a lake from your own swing. How cool is that? (We obviously need to move to Vermont.)

Diana...aka...MeMe said...

That swing does look inviting!! Great shots!!

Shell said...

That pic with the sun is gorgeous!

busygirl said...

great captures!

Andrea @ The Train to Crazy said...

Oh, I'd love to have a swing and dangle my feet in some water! I'm loving the winter right now though!

Graceful said...

I love your photos -- very artistic. The icicle one is spectacular! Thanks for visiting my blog today -- and yes, I do use a point and shoot. A Panasonic Lumix -- I learned a lot about using its mysterious buttons by reading the manual one day this winter! And I also learned a lot from Melissa at A Familiar Path -- http://www.afamiliarpath.com/ -- you should check out her blog. She gives great photo tips for using a point and shoot camera.

Have a great night!

Pam said...

Love the Vermont winter visit your blog gives! Thanks for your comments on my blog as well. Miss you all!

Darlene said...

Morning T.J.,

Those are VERY cool pictures, actually COLD...hehehe. Love how you have taken all of them. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.♥

Prairie Lady said...

Simply beautiful!

Melissa said...

Hey there! love your blog, great captures here...I think I have a few of those log piles in our driveway too! And like you would much rather look at the sun!!!oh and cool swing!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs