February 04, 2010

You Capture: faces

Photobucket












Today is going to be an interesting day, that's for sure.  God doesn't give us more than we can handle, right?  I am going to stick with that for now, pray hard (yet not specifically for what I think the answer should be... that is so very difficult to do sometimes, isn't it?) and hopefully tomorrow I will be blogging about how easy this particular home repair problem was to solve. 

*sigh* some days it is hard to "always believe". 

Alright, let me pull my boot straps on, quit bellyaching and leave you in awe (ha!) of my photos for today's You Capture challenge of faces (you will notice that my face this morning IS APPROPRIATELY NOT displayed here).





 

















 If this had a caption it would totally be "What's up?"


 

The majority of the men in Champ's family (complete with their handsome faces) gathered in one frame; a miracle in it's own right.



Come on, Eddie was way too cute to not make a second appearance on this blog (you're cute too, J).

and finally my perennial pick-me-up...

Bear!  To see other lovely (never ugly) mugs, head here.
And for all of you folks out there who are photography buffs, I have a question: I always tend to have a lot of noise in my close-up shots no matter what setting I use nor how I fiddle with the ISO.  Any suggestions? (my camera info is at the bottom of this blog page).


May all of us experience a stress free day.  AMEN.


19 comments:

alita said...

The "whats up" pic is a blast. Great shot! The puppy... omg I miss having a dog. What a cutie. The faces in the family picture are so social.

On a serious note. I get the same "noise" in my close up shots. I have a regular kodak easyshare so I have no tips, but I'm interested to see what other people have for ideas. Close up shots are always a problem for me.

Upstatemomof3 said...

I have no photography advice - I'm not a good photographer but those pictreus are great. I love that one of all the men in your husband's family. That is cool. They all look so happy and natural I love it.

Katelyn said...

Great shots! I don't know how to fix noise in a point and shoot...sorry!

Kirsten said...

THe first one is fantastic! I love the totally different expressions.

Kathleen@so much to say, so little time said...

I love the first two pics especially.

Shelly said...

The first one is too funny and adorable! Great captures!

FireMom said...

That dog... I must have it.

~Mendie~ said...

Such a cute baby boy...and the dog is so cuddly!

Megryansmom said...

I need to remind myself that, God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Thanks for sharing your happy faces today!

Sidnie said...

Love the picture of all the guys! What a wonderful shot to have!
And the "what's up" picture is absolutely adorable!!

Lyndsay said...

Great pictures! The first two especially look like they belong in a magazine... all those guys should be advertising men's wear or something...

Caroline said...

Cute faces ~ LOVE the one of the men!

I've been having a think about the noise problem... I have a Canon A1000 IS P&S. I don't use it often though as I mainly use my Canon S3 now (which a not-quite DSLR!). Anyway, noise...
~ I wonder whether you are pushing the zoom out of optical and into digital - that always creates noise. Try watching the zoom meter and stop before it jumps into digital, or even better if you can turn off the digital zoom then do ~ you can't get as close (you will need to move more) but your quality will be better.
~ Try using the macro mode and moving in closer.
~ Always BE as close as you can and use minimal zoom with a P&S
~ set you ISO to it's lowest setting and shoot in portrait mode. This will open up the aperture (like the pupil of the eye) to let more light in. The camera may well warn you of camera shake and suggest you turn the flash on. This is so it can keep a faster shutter speed and get a tac-sharp picture. If you don't want to use flash you are going to need a VERY steady hand, especially indoors, but your pictures may also be a little dark because of the low ISO! Try using portrait mode OUTSIDE in good light, close up and see if you still gets lots of noise. If you do then it is probably just a noisy camera. There is not much more you can do :(
~ if all else fails get a copy of 'noiseware - community edition' and run your close ups through it - it's a free shareware:

http://www.imagenomic.com/download_nwsa.aspx

Hope that helps a bit :D
Caroline.

Sarah said...

Great shots... I especially love the first one!

Melissa said...

That first shot is just perfect!

Colleen said...

I love the group guy shot! They all look so interactive. Was it posed? or did they just do that? Very cool either way.

Jennifer Campbell said...

Oh my goodness... is that your brother? Wow, great pics. I am having trouble with "noise" as well... I hope your day got better!

Lena said...

Love the first shot! Adorable expression!
I also get some noise with my indoor shots. I try to shoot at mid-day when there's the most available natural light. Try turning on the flash (if you're not using it now) and laying a piece of 1 ply tissue over it to soften the harsh light. It works with some success for me.
Also, I use a program called NeatImage (standalone and plugin for photoshop). It does smart blurring out of the noise, and most of the time the crisp outlines do not suffer.

Bunch of Barrons said...

Great shots! :) That first one is super cute!

Sahne said...

The first is my favorite! His eyes are so blue. And it brings a smile:)

http://www.tellyouaboutit.com/2010/02/you-capture-challenge-faces.html

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs