February 02, 2010

We should all eat more bran...

...come on, you know you should 

Plus, it might be the only place where you can actually use the word "regular" to describe something in your life.  Heck, I know that's the case for me.

Bran New Day Muffins (adapted from Cookies, Brownies Muffins and More by Anne Eagan)


1 1/2 C any type of bran or bran cereal (I used oat bran)
1/2C milk
1/3-1/2C mixture of dried cranberries and golden raisins 
1C flour
1 1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 egg
1C (8oz) sour cream
1/2C honey (look, no SUGAR in this recipe!!!)
1/4 C canola oil

Preheat oven to 400* and grease a 12 cup muffin pan.  Mix bran, milk and dried fruit.  Let sit 10 minutes.  Stir in egg, sour cream, honey and oil.  In a separate bowl, mix flour baking soda and salt then add to wet mixture until just combined, try not to over mix.  Fill muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.

Bear and I enjoy them topped with jam and washed down with some fresh made carrot, orange juice...


Bear tends to enjoy his juice with a bit more gusto than I do, but regardless, juice and bran muffins make for a yummy breakfast!




8 comments:

Nic said...

YUM!!! I'm gonna try that!

Mrs. Bird said...

Yummy! Thank you!

Kate@And Then I Was a Mom said...

I admire someone who is not afraid to talk about that kind of regularity. :-)

(Trying the recipe this weekend!)

Emmy said...

Cute picture! And good for you... I really need to get my kids to eat a better breakfast.

Darlene said...

YUM...those sound great! Yes, especially as you get older bran or fiber is a GOOD thing...hehehe

Pam said...

Thanks for the recipe. I have become totally addicted to homemade granola (with authentic maple syrup, from Vermont of course). So the muffins will be a wonderful addition to my breakfast.

Julie said...

I agree, T.J.! I'm a great believer in bran! Love the recipe--I'll be giving it a try! Hope you're having a great day!

Colleen said...

That sounds yummy. I'll have to give it a try.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs