February 11, 2010

You Capture: work

Photobucket












Today's You Capture's subject is work.  Quite honestly, I am much more excited to check out what others have posted for this than I am to complete my own.  I just wasn't feeling any of the "work" photos.

C'est la vie I suppose.

However, after you've muddled along through here with me, be sure to head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry to get a good dose of beautiful, work related photography!


Yeah, so about my work.  I was going to post some pictures of the ultimate job: Mama, or even, Wife, but I figured since you already know I hold those jobs,  I'd let you in on my other lesser known areas of employment.

Come on in...


I work part time in this fun place for a non-profit substance abuse prevention coallition.  Basically, my organization provides a wide array of programs and activities to the community centered around substance abuse prevention.  We serve families, individuals, and my favorite- YOUTH! 








When I first started here, I worked in the After School Program.  The year I became pregnant I served them as an Ameri Corps VISTA.  One of the coolest things about where I work is the fact that they are so deeply committed to the Ameri-Corps program. 


Another cool thing?  I love my co-workers


and Bear does too.

My other part time gig involves this: 




A camera.
I work as a hostess for a local public access tv station.  It is the best job for me: I get to talk with people and I get paid for it!  That's crazy since I am happy to talk to people, all day every day for free (shhh, don't tell my producer!).


My program showcases the people, places and things that make where I live so wonderful.


and speaking of wonderful (nice transition, TJ)...




whether I'm working at the office or in the studio, more often than not, Bear is right there beside me.

and that, That is truly wonderful.

14 comments:

alita said...

What an amazing job! Public tv has to be so intriguing and public service is really the best way to serve and get paid. I volunteered for two different organization that are similar. I would love to make that into my part time passion. You have the best of both worlds TJ.

Oh and the pic of bear sleeping... priceless :)

Megryansmom said...

I am also excited about seeing what everyone else has to offer today. Thanks for sharing work with me!

Melissa said...

Ahhh, this melts my heart! Absolute perfect that you can have the best of both worlds! So happy for you TJ :)

Lyndsay said...

Amazing jobs!! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Campbell said...

Wow... you truly do have the best jobs!!! I love that he can go with you! What a cool job!

Erin said...

that last pic is my favorite, but you're really talented. am I having deja vu, or have you put that pic of him on here before? i think my mind is playing tricks on me.

Nic said...

What an awesome Job!! Bear looks so sweet in the last picture!

Pam said...

What great opportunities you have!
No Vermont this holiday weekend. Soon ..........

http://teachingreaderstothink.blogspot.com/

Upstatemomof3 said...

That is so incredibly wonderful. It always makes me happy to see people who get to take their kiddos to work with them.

Sarah said...

Wow! very cool!! and great captures!

Cherry said...

Oh, that makes me miss my kiddies! Too bad hospitals and college aren't too kid friendly or I'd have my kids along with me too!

Colleen said...

What fun jobs! And how fortunate you are to be able to take your little guy with you. I enjoyed reading this and getting to know you better.

Catherine Anne said...

I love it. Looks like so much fun~

Caroline said...

I think it is so brilliant that you get to take Bear right along with you ~ so not done here!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs