March 10, 2010

10 years later

What do you do when you aren't sure what to make for dinner and you're blankly staring at your pantry?

Why you call on your blog friends for inspiration, of course!  Check out last night's dinner:



courtesy of Emmy's Cream Sauce with Sausage and Peas















and Catherine Anne's Angel Food cake recipe.















Let's just say we all sat and ate at the dinner table for a very long time yesterday ;)


My lovely blog friend Alita over at Da Maniacs tagged me to play a fun little game.  

Here are the rules:


1. Post where you're gonna be in 10 years (In God's Grace).
2. Nominate some bloggy friends to play along! (but only if you want to)


As I've been kind of in a list mindset this week, I figure I'll scribe my future out that way, too.

Ready? Go, Go (as Bear would say)...


- of course I own a goat and I've named it Philippides
- perhaps some chickens, too
- Bear might have a brother or sister (hey, gotta leave some things open ended, you vultures!)
- I like to think I have progressed in my prowess as a local TV personality
- but knowing me and my jobs, I could quite possibly be doing anything
- whatever it is, I KNOW I will be working and passionate about it
- I own my beloved Canon Rebel DSLR and have crazy photography skills 
- but I won't be a professional photographer
- I have adopted another pitbull (in my dreams it's white with a black ring around it's eye)
- we will be saving up for our first overseas family vacation
- but we would have traveled by car all around the US with Bear (et al?)
- my writing has expanded- I just don't know in what realm...
- I've either gotten better at blogging or I've submitted more of my poetry, either way, I make time each day to pursue writing
- I've finally learned how to cook a decent London Broil and make a not slimy pie crust
- I can sew a quilt without arm wrestling Champ to bind the darn thing 
- my memory finally decides to serve me well
- I become as adept at finding yard sale/Thrift shop deals as my friend T
- I have run in another competitive race; probably a marathon
- I turn this year's Lenten experiment to fully appreciate each day into a reality 
- I learn how to play a new instrument for our campfire circles
- I know how to use my pressure cooker to preserve the foods I don't can

If I'm still around these parts in 10 years, it will be quite interesting to revisit my list, that's for sure.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

5 comments:

Emmy said...

Yeah! Glad you liked the dinner. Looks like you made some yummy alterations, well alterations I would like but not my kids :)

I will definitely have to mention you when I do my review for the recipe next month. :)

Jennifer Campbell said...

Looks like a really great meal. Thanks for the warm birthday wish!!!

Colleen said...

Ugh... this 10 year thing is freaking me out! I don't even know where I'll be in ONE year! Add to that the fact that in ten years my BABY will be 20 years old!!!!!!! OMG (never a more appropriate use for that acronym.)

Anyhow...may all your 10year goals/dreams come true.

P.S. The pasta looks amazing!

Pam said...

10 years ...............let's see ............perhaps the driveway and clearing will have a house (or at least a tent!).
Thanks for sharing your dreams ........

alita said...

A goat! chickens? OH my! How about a big fat cute dopey eyed cow. I have always wanted a cow. A dairy farm maybe. Especially since my heart would break if... well you know.

ha ha ha... on the open ended maybe. As far as your question on that subject... I'm d-o-n-e. I had bleeding through both of the pregnancies and I was full of anxiety. The outcomes were pure blessings. Especially since the doctors didn't think that I was going to go full term with either of my miracles.

Oh and your last statement "I know how to use my pressure cooker to preserve the foods I don't can" - Um I just gave my pressure cooker to my friend unused because I was afraid to use it. HA!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs