March 01, 2010

Not Me Monday: of quilts and concussions


It's Monday.  
It's "not me" time.
Are you ready for this?

It was in no way, shape or form me who gave myself a concussion last week.

 The reason being, there is No Way On Earth that I could receive supposed concussion
by opening my car door into my skull...
at my local farm...
where I was happily getting milk...
and trying to find an unlocked door...
so I could give Bear a cracker.

Come on?!  Who has Strength like that?  Who would be foolish like that?  Not Me.

And as I fully thought it was not me who had just instituted a throw-down on myself, I certainly did not try to drive home and only make it inches down the road.  It was not me who stumbled into the office where I work (thankfully close to the scene of supposed crime) and...
well, I don't remember much after that, but let me tell you I did not..

seem mixed up enough to elicit an ambulance ride to the ER, glue to put my forehead back together and a Tetanus shot to just add insult to injury.  Not me, NO WAY!!!  

 

It did not take me days longer to finish my project due to my scrambled thoughts and power outages.  Once I was finally able to quilt again you'd better believe I did not ignore this...
                                      
nor this little scene (what had they just enjoyed?)
  nor these pants that ripped when I bent to pin the quilt
nor this lovely green stuff  

 nor the fact that for some reason Sterling had a broom placed on her.

You see, I always know what is going on at all times with me and my household, so in no way did any of this happen while I was sewing.  Nor did I just have to give up driving to the post office today and mailing said quilt because the car was stuck in a sheet of ice and spinning it's tires.  That would just be plain frustrating!

I'm off to find some sand for the tires, you should head off to Mckmama's and by the time we reconvene here tomorrow, things will hopefully be back in order. PHEW!


14 comments:

Aimee said...

you don't know your own strength! you're like the Hulk! Hope you are feeling like yourself again :)

Joyce said...

Just hopping around some not me posts this afternoon...Wow! Yours was more exciting than most.

Your son is a cutie and so are the dogs : ) Have a nice week.

Emmy said...

Things like that never happen to me either, I am always watching my kids 24/7 ;)

Jennifer Campbell said...

I love these not me Mondays... I might have to do that!!! I can't believe all those things "didn't" happen to you!!!

What Dr. Seuss character do you have a tatoo of??? Is it a sneech? Just wondering... check my blog tomorrow to see why...

Liz said...

Oh man! I sure hope your head feels better! Ouch!!

Liz
Loving This Mom Stuff

Kate said...

Brave woman to put the concussion pic up! I loved it...but....take care, dear. I think the TyPM is justified in your case. Hopefully Spring is just around the corner.

Darlene said...

Oh girl you had a rough time of it!!! Sorry I hadn't been by sooner to visit you. Hope you are feeling better by now.♥

Pam said...

Oh my! Since March is Women's History Month - I think you might just qualify for making your mark! Please be safe! I want to visit you in the Spring in one piece (not separate pieces of a quilt!).
Love to the "boys" ...........
Pam

Colleen said...

I love that you took the time to take a picture of yourself in the midst of dealing with a concussion! You are so good to your bloggy friends. :)
However, the thing that really had me laughing was the quilting accident! Ooops! LOL
The quilt is wonderful. I'm sure some Michigan State fan will be very happy.
Glad you are back and blogging!

Life is good! said...

ouch! i hope you are ok! and what were they enjoying so much that they had to lick their lips? hummmmm! that quilt is darling! have a great day!

alita said...

Boy you were not kidding when you said you had a "not me" story to tell. WOW! Ouch... Do you spend more money at the farm to get milk than you would a drugstore? How safe is it? I've thought about supporting our local farms around here but I haven't done enough research. I usually buy all my produce from local farms or the farmer's market during the spring/summer time.

Oh and are those MSU spartans all over your quilt? Let me tell you a fact about me that you may not know... I bleed Maize and blue. ha! I'm surrounded though. Almost all my cousins went to MSU and 2 of my best friends.

VERY NICE quilt by the way. Can I admit I'm jealous of your quilting skills? I have no patience for that.

Nice to have ya back chica :)

Rhonda Moon said...

Bummer. Not a good day.

Don't feel too bad, my husband is still embarassed about almost cutting his finger off recently.

He started the chainsaw and forgot to take the cover off. So he thought, I'll just very gently remove it. Ha. The chainsaw almost removed his finger. We took a a trip to the hospital and he got about 40 stitches.

I think his pride was the most injured.

Erin said...

oh my goodness! you poor thing! I am so sorry about your head. I am a total klutz too and wouldn't be surprised if I do something like this at some point.

Leslie said...

oh ouch!!! that is some story. glad that you are ok. go you for using half square triangles...i have been doing quilts for 5 years and i have not used them yet....i am a big chicken. great job

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs