March 11, 2010

You Capture: quiet

Photobucket











We were challenged with quiet as the "You Capture" assignment for the week.

Hmmm I thought, as Wednesday morning rolled around and still no quiet, but then, I discovered quiet all over this typically loud, frolicking house...



Trot catching some morning sun on the bed




 A scene from our recent power outage: darkness and candlelight can quiet any soul













The quiet BEFORE sugar on snow is ingested





















If you're too loud, bugs become paranoid about the giant looking at them


This week we had to retire Bear's very first toothbrush.  While he has upgraded, it saddened me a bit to know that this toothbrush, which has served him so well, is now silent.  Ahh, Bear growing up...


What do you mean?  Of course I took this picture yesterday and not at the beach in July.  Our lake is totally thawed and we are kayaking on it already.  No snow or ice here.

For more pictures, quietly, and in a straight line, proceed over to I Should Be Folding Laundry.

15 comments:

alita said...

It is bittersweet when they start growing up! Love the shot of Bear watching the insect. Ant? Love it! Great angle and he has such a curious delight on his face.

Darlene said...

What beautiful quiet pictures!!! You are a fabulous photographer!!!!

Cherry said...

Ahh, quiet! Luckily I have all day (until 4p when the kids come home) in my quiet house. Unluckily the quiet time is (suppose to be) used for homework! But at least when the kids come home I'll be present with them! Nice photos, I need to practice more! And, no, unfortunately Mr. CB did not reward me with a smoothie for knowing the clinical uses of Zyrtec. Alas, where is a drug rep when you need them?

Jen said...

Nice post! Oddly enough, I like the tooth brush and the sentiment behind it!

Emmy said...

Great quiet pictures! Love your soon looking at the bug. And the first picture makes me really want to go take a nap. :)

sdwaard said...

Love the photo of the bug! I can almost hear the quiet in the picture :)

Colleen said...

I love the pic of Bear getting up close and personal with the bug. :)

Erin said...

oh! the toothbrush made me all teary! so sweet.

Caroline (Frogmum) said...

WOW TJ ~ you're getting GOOD!! :D I love the candle shot (very quiet), and the dog... and the bug...and the toothbrush :D!! Brilliant! ~ you seem to be making that P&S a lot less noisy these days :D ~ a different take on quiet no less ;)

Bunch of Barrons said...

Great quiet shots...I love candles. They are really relaxing.

Liz said...

That toothbrush made me sad. I know just how you feel. :( My little guy just turned two. Sigh. How the years are flying by....

Liz
Loving This Mom Stuff

Angela said...

I love the bug investigation picture.

Pam said...

Thanks for the "quiet". I recently took what I hope to be the first of some LONG walks in the sunshine and marveled at the quiet.
Love the pics of your darling little one ...........
Pam
http://teachingreaderstothink.blogspot.com/

chelemom said...

Your photos are incredible!!! WOW!

Upstatemomof3 said...

I just love that picture of your little one staring at the bug. It is a really cute picture. I would have been to freaked about a bug on the floor to have taken such a pretty picture. :)

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs