April 27, 2010

10 things X 2

Yesterday was a test of the bloggy broadcasting system and today is a two for one sale here at Any Given Moment.

Yup, it is the monthly "10 Things to Smile About" over at



you should head there and link up your own list. That same wonderful Emmy recently gave me this award



which also requires me to list 10 things that make me happy.  So a big XOXO to Emmy and thank you for the sweet (seriously, yummy sweet) award and inspiration for today's post.  You Rock!

10 things that made me a happy smiling TJ this month



1. Being able to still capture the occasional snapshot of Bear sleeping (and happy thrilled that he ended his "no nap" strike.)
2. Having an awesome Spring Break spent with family and friends
3. FINALLY getting back in to the running habit and not having to leap across piles of snow (but we're due for about 1" tomorrow- YARS!)


4) even so, it's Spring- I checked the calendar- and I'm so happy about that!
5) for fresh, clothesline hung sheets on the bed
6) the noisy racket outdoors that I wake to each morning- welcome back geese, songbirds, beaver, ducks and spring peepers


7) the latest Thrift Shop find that proves once again, "The Secret" really works.  I needed a wok for a friend and found one FOR FREE.  Couple that with prayer and I could rule the world (um, just kidding)
8) co sleeping with Bear (oh, how I miss that!) while Champ enjoyed a well deserved (and rarely taken) boys night out
9) open toe shoe season: crack out the flip flops, untwist the nail polish cap
10) Fun summer music that our friend D burnt for us.  The house now resounds with "The Be Good Tanyas" and Ray LaMontagne

I'm passing on the award to this fine list of bloggers.  They make me happy.  They make me smile.  The deserve a cupcake (and perhaps a visit from you).

1. Katelyn at The Bird's Nest
3. Erin at The Mother Load
4. Caroline at Frog-Photoblog
5. Christy at Mommy Brain


20 comments:

Nap Mom said...

Open-toe shoe season! Yippee!!!!!

Lourie said...

I love the sounds of spring! And the weather that comes with it.

Stopping by from Emmy's link up.

blueviolet said...

I love flip flop season! It's not here yet though. I also adore how babies pull their legs up under them while sleeping!!

Colleen said...

Flip flops and Ray LaMontagne! I can be thankful for both of those! I'll have to check out the be good tanyas.

alita said...

flip flop season! laundry off the line! sleeping toddlers! Boys night out (or girls!) ...

all fantastic reasons to be happy.

...

PS. Thanks for the kind words yesterday. I needed them. It was a weird blah day.

Emmy said...

Thanks :) And great list.
Yeah for the nap strike ending! That truly is a good thing. I have not been to a thrift store in so long... I used to go all of the time.. but there isn't one really convenient and the thought of taking my two kids to one, yikes!

Yellow House said...

Love the list and thanks for the award! We played Ray LaMontange at our wedding when I walked down the aisle! Glad to find a kindred spirit!

Flip flops, spring, thift stores, toe nail polish... ahhh, LIFE IS GOOD!! :)

Mama Zen said...

I love hearing the geese in the morning!

Mrs. Bird said...

Great list! Thank you so much for the award :) Made my day so far!

Caroline (Frogmum) said...

Thanks for the award TJ ~ I've posted my 10 happy things :D Love your 'bear bottom' shot and the dog & mower shot too. I love the line dried clothes too ~ bed sheets ~ Yum! And summer music ~ that makes me happy too !

Erin said...

I love your list and Ray Lamontagne. But sorry you are getting snow---ugh!!

Thank you so much for the shout out. ALthough I don't "do" awards, it doesn't mean I don't feel the bloggy love and appreciate it--and feel very honored! I'm so glad we are friends.

;-)

Heather @ Gerber Days said...

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by Gerber Days! Loved your sweet comment.

You are so cute! Love your hair. (I'm all about short, funky hair)
It looks to me like you deserved these blog awards, as your blog is FAB.

Will definitely be back.

Brooke G. said...

What a great list - I enjoyed reading them!

Pam said...

Snow! Are you kidding? Got the first Spring pedicure last week, OH NO!

Jennifer Campbell said...

Wow... hope you really don't get snow. Love the list!

Serline said...

That's one of great things about living in a place with "real" seasons: the passage of time and the changes of emotions... dread, fear, anticipation, hope. At the equator, all we have is hot, hotter and rain.

JoeyRes said...

Spring and naps - that's a good list!

Tracie said...

This is a great list. I'm so happy it's spring - even if my allergies are in overdrive. Maybe I need to read The Secret. I can't ever find one thing at thrift stores.

VKT said...

This is such a great list. I have to tell you that everytime I look at TJ's expression on your picture, I have to laugh. That is the most adorable picture!!!!! I blogged about doing silhouettes for my students. I would love to do one of TJ for you...or bear as you call him. Could you take a profile pic and email it to me?

Caroline (Frogmum) said...

Tagged you back! Check my Photoblog :D!! Cx

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs