April 23, 2010

Five Faves Friday

FFFpub copy



You didn't think I'd let you sneak through the week without getting at least one last glimpse of my Spring Break, now did you?!

I mean, after all I promised you.

Ha!  Yeah, that would be fun for all...  no, no I've spared you the full (potentially boring to you) details and narrowed it down to my favorite five, so listen up and then head to Caroline's for more...

Bear tried his hand at farming... 

 
 
and had an official first shoe fitting/purchase with his Nona and Pa (I got a little teary eyed)
 
                                
Who do you think I look like, my Mom or my Dad?  No wait, if you want to talk about look alikes, check out this

                        (did they rehearse that expression?)


I took in the Springy flowers everywhere since my daffodils here in Vermont are only starting to bloom this week.


and I savored having a group of some of my closest friends gathered together in one spot.


This photo session was A SCENE to pull off: 

no one looking at the same camera, children falling asleep or crying, dogs walking in to the frame and a four wheeler cruising out of the frame, a Mom or two directing the photographer on how to use the camera...

We all have group moments like this, don't we?

And in the flurry of it all, I stopped and laughed and got a bit teary eyed (again).  The moment was so special that with all the chaos and directing and the not so spectacular photographs that resulted, I wouldn't have traded it for anything. 

It's striking to me that the photographs I favor the most are ones like these; they might not be perfect or even photogenic, but the moment?  It's timelessly captured.

18 comments:

Pam said...

I think I see some familiar faces in that last pic. Miss all of you!

Colleen said...

A group shot is always difficult, but add kids and dogs to the mix and phew! that's a lot of hard work!
What a wonderful week you had! :)

Kate said...

I think you look more like your dad than your mom. What is the consensus in your family? Loved the photo (with the photo!) of Bear and the group shot. Looks like you had too much fun. Have a great weekend!

Nap Mom said...

oh my gosh - he is such the little man with his ballcap and his shoes.

I got teary-eyed when Brody recently got a hair trim and they used electric clippers on his neck. I don't know... he was fine with it... but electric clippers on the neck is such a "man" thing that it was sooooooooo hard for me to watch them use the clippers on my BABY. In the past they had always used scissors... the electric clippers brought out the tears for sure... and Brody just sat there happily sucking his lollipop.

Bear is so cute. I like the pic on the tractor too.

Emmy said...

Yes those moments really are the most important and treasured pictures. That is why I rarely make my kids sit down at my backdrop to take pictures... though we are long overdue for some pictures like that :)

Leslie said...

these are such fun pictures...that little bear is so cute!

Yellow House said...

Great pictures! I think I might have to play along next week :) Have a great weekend, blog friend!

Caroline (Frogmum) said...

Great shots TJ ~ I think your group shot is great :D Just posted mcklinky so please hook up (it's been a busy day setting up my eldest new smartphone for him ~ teenage birthdays !!)

Erin said...

love it, TJ! the flowers are gorgeous, and I love the shot of all of you....I totally know what you mean.

p.s. my new post is up w/ link to you....

Serline said...

Precious indeed. I hope you get the opportunity to get the group together every so often for another group shot...

Mama Zen said...

That first picture is perfect!

Jennifer Campbell said...

Oh my goodness... the picture of you guys at the end is priceless... you never can get all looking the way you want them to look, huh. It turned out fabulous!

JoeyRes said...

I think it's a major win if even two people are looking at the camera in a group photo!

A 2 Z said...

Later on you will look at these pictures and cry even harder. They grow up so fast! Lovely post!

Mama Bird said...

Popping by via The Mother LOad. YOur blog is grat LOVE the BIRD!! and your pics, the tractor & your Bear AMAZING! I can't believe how much you and he look alike! I am following! Great blog

Anita Johnson said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I started a blog so my mom (83) could see pictures without downloading attachments. I wish there had been blogs when my kids (22 and 25)were little, what a nice way to keep and share the memories!

Joann Mannix said...

Hi TJ,

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Those pics are just perfect and that boy of yours? Oh, my goodness, he is just squishy perfect scrumptiousness! So gorgeous!

My girls are all teens now, halfway to grown, and I have to say, looking back, the best shots, my favorite shots are not the best ones. They're certainly not the studio ones. You are so right when you say they're the ones that capture the moment. I still love all the Santa ones, when my girls are screaming their heads off trying to get away from Santa. I have a montage of those!

Great pics. Great posts. Glad you had a lovely Spring Break.

Tami said...

it sure was a SCENCE! A very fun one at that!! I love getiing together with all the kids...memorable moments!!!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs