April 08, 2010

Thanks for the inspiration WC Williams...

Dear Champ,

 Happy Birthday to you! 

Are you enjoying your day?  Did you like your pancakes for breakfast?  Bear and I made them special for you.  You know how much we miss you when your gone, and today even more so what with it being your big day and all.  

I've been hard at work getting ready for when we can celebrate.  I even baked you a cake...



well no, not that one.  Remember that one was from Easter and it's not your favorite kind anyways.


No I baked you your favorite kind so please hurry home.  

When you get here I'll throw my arms around your neck and offer you your presents  
(act surprised- you already know they are those khakis from the thrift shop)

and smother you with kisses 
(which I know is annoying, but I simply must do on your birthday)

I'll gather up Bear and the dogs and we'll sing to you and go on a walk or bike ride
(with that awesome new bike seat you gave Bear for Easter)

and we'll eat birthday cake and listen to the geese pairs squabble over rights to the lake now that the ice has thawed and the peepers are beginning to sing.  

Even over all the din that Spring is though, I hope you''ll hear me when I whisper: Happy birthday to you, honey,  I love you and reach to hold your hand.

So hurry home, Ok?
Love,
T.J.

 
(are some of you still hanging looking for a party favor?  go here here
here here and here and that vanilla lemon cake will be yours)
 

17 comments:

Nap Mom said...

Vanilla lemon cake - delish. He's gonna love it!

Leslie said...

happy birthday

Emmy said...

Hope he has a great birthday!

Brooke G. said...

Such a sweet note! Happy Birthday to your guy! I hope it is a good one ;D And one last thing - you MADE that cake???? I am amazed ;D

Erin said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday to him!

That cake looks awesome----did you do that?

Karen said...

YOU made that cake?? WOW. and what a sweet post. Lucky guy.

alita said...

Happy Birthday to your guy :) What a loving post!

Ps. I want some cake!

Yellow House said...

Beautiful post and gorgeous cake!! WOW! You'll have to post the cake you made for the b-day party because you are obviously SUPER talented in that department and I might want to snag some recipes from you. :)

Happy birthday celebrating!

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! That cake looks amazing. BTW... I clicked here and here and here and here, but the cake still didn't materialize on my counter. You weren't implying that I should make it, were you?

Jennifer Campbell said...

Birthdays have always been the highlight in your household!!! Happy birthday M! We wish you all the best...hope you enjoyed the wonderful night that T and Bear planned for you!!! That dessert looks amazing! Happy Birthday!

T.J. said...

Wow! Thanks for the compliments all- I did make the cake and it was super delicious (and quite photogenic). If you make it, the lemon curd only goes on the top and the layer and outer parts of the cake are the buttercream icing.
When you need a special occasion cake, you should try it gang- it really presents soooo beautifully and everyone will oooh and ahhh (like you all did!).

Pam said...

Happy birthday to my favorite gym teacher!

Scarlett said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like a fabulous day!

Mama Zen said...

This is so sweet!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Awwww, how sweet are you? And how sweet was that cake - yikes!!!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Champ!

:)

- Margaret

blueviolet said...

Awwwww....you are such a sweetie! Happy Birthday to your special man!!!

Darlene said...

Awwww hope Bear had a FABULOUS Birthday!!!!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs