May 07, 2010

Five Faves Friday: yellow brick road

FFFpub copy


Do you have 5 photos from the week laying around?  If the answer is yes, go on and post 'em and then link up to "5 Favs Friday" hosted by my friend Caroline.

 (my seeds are now planted.  When oh when will I have a ripe tomato?!)

                           (such intensity)


Caroline tagged me last week to play a little game. The rules were to post your 8th picture in your 8th folder and tell about it.  MY 8th folder held this



a snapshot of Bear tearing into his most recent "Book of the Month Club" present.  Such a clever, wonderful gift (that keeps giving!) from his Uncle B and Auntie S.


The rules say I can tag 8 more friends to play along, but you know what?  TAG YOU'RE ALL ITIf you decide to play I'll be excited to see what random picture you post!

 
In the midst of the doggy  blues I mentioned this week, we had a happy moment.  It was Sterling's birthday.  We celebrated in high style with hotdogs and vanilla ice cream (oh, and the usual birthday hats I keep on hand for such occasions).  Lucky Dog.

And see what I mean about animals?  How timely that her birthday, a celebration of life, fell this particular week. 

 (lyrics from the Dixie Chick's "Heartbreak Town")


Life is life.  We make it through we celebrate, we cry.  It's a Yellow Brick Road for sure with it's dreaminess and yes, with it's disillusionment.  I like to think I'll remain on the path of the yellow and enjoy it for what it is. 

That being said, I (we) all need support as we walk it.  

For all your comments-all your support both this week and before and further down the road- I thank you. 

Have a great weekend, all!

20 comments:

Colleen said...

The daffodil shot with Bear is amazing! Love it. Did you do the selective coloring with Picnik? I hadn't see that option before. Good luck with all of your seeds. I hope you have a wonderful harvest.

I'd love to play the 8th picture thing, but the computer with all of my files is currently refusing to connect to the internet. :P

The Keierleber Characters said...

love Bear and Sterling in bday hats!!! :) Every year on Jersey's birthday, we buy a cake from walmart that looks like him, (for us) and he gets a lil of the icing! :)

Heather @ Gerber Days said...

That is an awesome picture with your son and the dog! I love how everything is black and white but their hats! So cool! That could be on a hallmark card!

alita said...

Awwww love all of your Friday faves. Oh and we ALL need support chica. (((HUGS))) Enjoy the weekend with all your babies! (furbabies included.)

T.J. said...

Isn't it interesting how the shots you think are kind of boring can turn out cool? I was almost going to delete that shot of Bear and Sterling!!!!

To answer your question Colleen, I did edit in Picnik. I used a yellow hue in the B&W and chose the option where I could add back in color (the paintbrush image) for the hats. That, coupled with a few other edits, saved the picture from my virtual trash can :)

Miss Welcome said...

Hi TJ - thanks for visiting my Parisian blog! :o)

Your blog is so cheerful and bright - well done. The photos are beautiful and we like a lot of the same things, although I'm sort of new to nature and gardening and home-growing/home-making. I lived in city apartments for 20 years.

Since you're a God-adoring kind of gal, would you kindly (gulp - shy to ask) check out a new blog I created that talks about faith? It's http://battleforfaith.blogspot.com and I'm hoping to get some feedback as I'm afraid it might be dull rather than inspired. That is, if you have the time.

I'll be glad to come back and check out how you're doing here.

Emmy said...

Great pictures this week. Love your dog wearing the hat :) Such a cute picture.
Good for you for planting, hope your garden does well

Caroline (Frogmum) said...

Brilliant 5 :D I adore the hat shot ~ and agree with the hallmark card comment :D Love bear with the daffs too. About the seesaw ~ yes we call it that too!

Jenilee said...

fun 5 pics! and the 8th folder thing is interesting! :) might have to do that!

Julie said...

Fun idea! Love the daffodil photo. Beautiful! :)

Pam said...

Love it!

Happy Mother's Day!

Pam
http://teachingreaderstothink.blogspot.com/

Jingle said...

what timeless photo,
loved the one with a little boy the best.
Blessings!
Happy Saturday!
Happy Mother's Day!
Best!

VKT said...

Happy Mother's Day sweet lady. I put you in my post today!

Jingle said...

Happy Monday!
Love your smiles!

Jess said...

Okay. You had me at the Heirloom seeds. I ordered from seedsavers.org this year, and almost passed out when I saw the gorgeous color photos on their seed packets (that should be illegal). Heirloom is the way to go. Do you save your own seed then too?

Christy said...

Your pictures are GORGEOUS. I love the popsicle one in the post before this one.

I completely understand about George and I am so sorry that you are missing him. He looks nearly identical to a dog I had growing up named Fergie who was a sweet, loveable, goofy dog that I still miss. Animals do become part of our family and when you lose one it is just as painful as losing a family member.

Erin said...

Sigh.

You are so....amazing. It's quite unfair, really. I could never participate in this pictures thing b/c I take horrible ones. And I don't know how to fiddle around with them to make them better.

But for now I'll just bask in yours because they are always beautiful.

Joann Mannix said...

Your pics are astounding. Truly. I am so jealous of your talent. You really have an eye.

I read through a few of your previous posts and I am sorry about the pet friends you lost recently and I'm very sorry about your pup who passed so suddenly. I've got 3 dogs who are the love of my life and just the thought...it would be like losing a child.

I'm sure he's up in Doggie Heaven, running through the grass, rolling in doggy doo and chomping on chewies, watching over all of you.

Tracie said...

The pic with the birthday hats could be on a card. Seriously cute stuff.

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

So Pickin' Cute said...

T.J.~

I just wanted to let you know that I have been popping in to read your posts, and I just love your blog. I feel like I have known you for years - with the sweet photos and personal posts. Love it.

~Abby

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs