May 18, 2010

Some news

*******************************************************************************
update: it blows my mind that you would leave such generous comments down there.  After all, I do recognize that Trot is in some ways, "just a dog" and I CERTAINLY recognize that there are a whole lot more human causes out there for you to be sending your well wishes and prayers to.  On the flip side, Trot is MY DOG and so while I'd never solicit for prayers, I wholeheartedly love you all for your generous offerings of support.  If tonight, at the end of your prayers or thoughts of the day you have a bit more room- feel free to add Trot to your list again :)

He's out of surgery, but still not due home until tomorrow.  I'll be back around some time soon, but for now forgive my desire to crawl into bed with a book and perhaps chocolate rather than reading any of your sure to be fantastic posts from the day.  Love to you all!!!
**************************************************

See this adorable face- the furry one I mean?


He is used to snuggling in bed with Champ and I each and every night.  He is the sweetest, most darling dog I have ever known.



Tonight Trot is not in bed with us.  He's sleeping over at the Vet's after a very awful, emergency filled afternoon.  My poor, lovable guy sliced his right leg open down to the bone and tore all his tendons leading to his foot.

Not pretty.  In fact, the worst injury I've ever seen.

He has a date with the surgeon tomorrow, but tonight I miss him and I like to think that he doesn't miss me- otherwise I get a bit too sad about the whole thing.

 
You know where I stand with animals, especially dogs, so it probably won't surprise you to hear that I will be stepping out of the bloggy world for a day or two to tend to my family.


In the mean time, get your markers ready to sign Trot's cast when he returns home!

24 comments:

Kate@And Then I Was a Mom said...

Oh, T.J., I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you all--especially Trot--and wishing the biggest wishes for a speedy recovery.

Leslie said...

poor puppy...i hope it all goes ok

Jess said...

Oh no, how horrible!

I'm sure he misses his soft comfy bed at home, but he is in good hands. Pitbulls are tough little guys!

We open our hearts to so much, don't we? It's worth it though, I think.

Chana said...

Oh my gosh! I'm SO sorry! That is horrible! I hate when accidents like that happen, I hope he recovers soon!

Mrs. Bird said...

Oh! Poor puppy! I've got you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!

Colleen said...

Oh, OUCH! That's horrible! How on earth did he manage such an injury?

I hope he heals up super fast so he can get back to snuggling up with the family.

alita said...

Poor pookie!!! And I mean all of you, but especially Trot. (((hugs)))

Jingle said...

hope that he gets well soon,
Happy Wednesday!

Yellow House said...

Thinking of you and your sweet dog! A similar injury happened to my Siberian Husky when I was in high school. He tried clawing his way out of his dogrun and sliced his legs up terribly in the wire. Hang in there! It will all work out.

Pam said...

Yikes, Steve and I were just talking about your "puppies"! We'll be thinking of all of you!

http://teachingreaderstothink.blogspot.com/

The Keierleber Characters said...

Oh poor baby!!! :(

Aimee said...

Oh no!! Poor Trot :( Sending some good thoughts your way and prayers for his speedy recovery . . .

Heather @ Gerber Days said...

Oh no! Poor thing. :( I hope everything turns out okay! Good luck!

Mama Zen said...

Oh, no! Here's wishing him a speedy recovery!

Rhonda Moon said...

Hope everything goes well. Best wishes.

Jennifer Campbell said...

OOOHh my ... that is horrible. I hope all is well and he recovers well!

Graceful said...

Oh, poor Trot -- that sounds like a nasty injury. I'm sure the vet is taking good care of him though...don't worry! He'll be back home before you know it, and then you can love all over him and give him lots of dog treats!

So Pickin' Cute said...

Awwwww - poor guy. I'll pray for speedy recovery, and that he would return home - quickly!

WackyMummy said...

I hope he's okay. Sending you some good thoughts for him.

laney said...

Sorry to hear about Trot! I hope he is doing well and back home soon.

hippie mommie said...

POOR PUPPY!!!! I hope you get him back home soon! And I hope he has a SUPER QUICK recovery!

Cherry said...

Blessing for Trot! I must say that I have never had a dog because I'm allergic, but I've always wished for one. Give him all my pent up doggy love, will you? Here's to a speedy recovery!

Jennifer said...

Trot! Rest Up Buddy! No more 'doing the trick" for a while now...

Julie said...

Poor doggy! How shocking to see him injured that way! I hope all goes well with his surgery and recovery!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs