May 06, 2010

You Capture: of Bears and Spring

You know what these are?


BEAR TRACKS!  Imprinted a few nights ago in the dirt Champ had so carefully prepped with grass seed (poor guy).  Each year, we have an annual bear visit or two through our yard right around this time.

 While we didn't get to see the bear "in person" this year as we've been able to do in the past, there's evidence he or she still passed through.






 

Clearly.


Photobucket







   


So Beth, in answer to this week's You Capture challenge of creatively finding Spring, Bear Tracks would be at the top of my list.  
Along with...



...playground fun.  Now hold your hats, I know she said to see Spring from a different angle.  For us, playing at a playground is not the most common of Spring occurrences.  It involves a bit of a drive in any direction, so I figured this could count, right?  ;)

I've already mentioned bloom bloomy flowers are not the most common of sights here in the New England woods, so when the Purple Trillum pop up in the forest




I politely ask them if I may photograph their beauty.  Mostly they say yes as long as I photograph their lesser known
friend




Aleuria aurantia (or cup fungus), too.  Hey, I don't mind since anything that's orange is super cool in my book.


Before I end my Spring Tour, I best not forget to mention that in the kitchen, Spring means we switch from straight up juicing and smoothies to something a bit more refreshing on a hot, sunshine filled day



 Mmmmmm, popsicles.

Hungry for more signs of Spring?  Head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry and get your fill.

 

26 comments:

Jingle said...

T. J.,
this is awesome!
I like your style!

Colleen said...

Bears! Oh, my!

I love the little hidden treasures on the forest floor. The fungi is brilliant.

And popsicles... yum. But the dimpled, little fingers holding it... even yummier.

ohabbyreally said...

Wow! I can't believe you have bear track, scary!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, a bear! I love that picture of his tracks!

Kirsten said...

Bear tracks are definitely a sign of spring that most won't be able to capture!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Great shots. That bear would scare me to death...I'm such a chicken. The worst we usually have around here is little bobcats that kind of make my mom's housecats look big. ;)

Tiaras said...

oh my stars - bear tracks freaky!!

☼¨`*•.♥Rocío♥.•*¨`☼ said...

Oh yummy love that last shot!!
Bears eek! be careful out there, I bet you have that "spray off bear away" ready huh!?! I hope!!
Have a Fabulous Thursday!!!
☼¨`*•.♥【ツ】♥.•*¨`☼

Regina Lynn said...

Cool shots! I think you got some really good different perspectives of spring!

Bec said...

I had a run in with a black bear once and that was more than enough. We usually see a couple when we head up north to the cabin!

Emmy said...

Great great spring pictures!
I think I would be freaking out if I had bear tracks in my yard

WackyMummy said...

great perspectives... awesome photos. loved seeing them. =)

Pam said...

Real bears! Yikes! Nature!

The Keierleber Characters said...

Bear!!! Thats AWESOME!!!

Jess said...

I am in LOVE with your shot of the cup fungus, the composition with the bright green leaf off to the other side, the contrast in the mish-mash of other forrest floor litter. It looks so dark and damp and fun for exploring. (I can almost smell it) But most of all, I LOVE that you know it's scientific name. I wanna be your friend!!!

Jennifer Campbell said...

Wow... what fabulous photos again... I sure want one of those popsicles, yum! My mom will be up to track that bear... she is just fascinated. I am sure that I must have told you the story about when we were driving and my mom stopped the car right next to a bear... my window was down too... scary! Anyway, I hope you get a glimpse from a safe distance!

Yellow House said...

Last year I took my class on a picnic to a park and a bear crossed the road right in front of us. It was terrifying. I love your footprint shots though. Bears arent so bad if its only footprints.

I love you photo edits. What program do you use?

Mama Zen said...

A bear? That is the coolest thing ever!

CaraBee said...

If I saw bear tracks, or HOLY MOLY, A BEAR, I would probably freak out. I like my nature from a distance, a great distance, thank you very much. I'm a city girl, what can I say. Great picture, though!

Hey, we'd like to feature you next Thursday at BlogTrotting! Can you have a tour post ready?

Darlene said...

YIKES bear tracks?????!!!! To me that is so scary! Glad you didn't meet up with it face to face.

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.♥

Brooke G. said...

Oh my - the BEAR prints!!! Amazing, girl!
Such a cute one of the park too :D
Great photos.

Caroline (Frogmum) said...

Rather you than me with the bear tracks ~ although it is kinda cool! Love the purple trillum flower ~ just beautiful! And Bear with with his ice-lolly ~ so sweet!! :D

BTW Sorry you have been sad this week :(

Terry Elisabeth said...

Bear tracks ! Impressive.

Stillmary said...

Although all your pictures are creative and fun, nothing tops BEAR TRACKS. Wow! (oh and you did a good job photographing them too.)

Melissa said...

TJ this was truly an awesome You Capture post!

Jenn said...

Oh, yum! That makes me want a popsicle! I love the rainbow shot in your latest post - beautiful!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs