June 03, 2010

And a warm hello to you

So, what did I miss??!!!!

Hey all!  It's good to be back, although that little break was VERY refreshing.  I suggest all you bloggers out there follow suit from time to time- it's worth it!

Let me see if I can give you a quick run down of "TJ's life while away from the computer":

Trot came home from the vet and my parents stopped in for the weekend. It was good to have family by our side and Trot continues to, as I say, "limp down the road to recovery."




I began my new job.  What's that?  Oh yeah, my job started just as all this was going down.  Fun times. I love love love what I do though!  Remember a bit back when I said you'd hear more about the bookstore in town?  Well, that's because I now work there. 

 

                   (I know it was a bit of a surprise to me too, C)

My roles include "book seller" and "children's programmer" (think librarian, but in a bookstore) and I am happy to report that I am now using both my degrees of English AND Elemetary Education (listen to my parents clapping in the background)


Seriously, it is a perfect fit for me and the "dream job" I've been waiting for.  I still will be putting in a few hours here and there at the non profit I so adore, but besides that, I am no longer a jack of all trades and for scheduling and childcare purposes- THAT ROCKS!!!

We had some Memorial Day company...

 



  Just a few people *AHEM* and this picture pretty much explains what they did for me: I went from feeling like the before to feeling like the after all because I was surrounded by the love and laughter of friends.  


See how they helped me pull it together?



Oh wait, now one of the girls has wandered away and a new one has sat down.  Well anyway, hope you get my point (love to you all, by the way!).

Also?  Look who helped out in the kitchen



Seriously, our friends are the best.  Except that somehow, someone brought snacks.  Snacks that Bear does not normally know about, but OH he learned about those snacks this particular weekend...



You are so busted Bear.

That about covers it. So...
What have you been up to?

17 comments:

blueviolet said...

Men helping in the kitchen? That just doesn't happen, but I sure like that it did!

I'm glad you had a great time, and obviously Bear did too!

Mrs. Bird said...

I've missed you! Glad you're back and you had a good break!

Julie said...

Glad you had a good break and a good Memorial day! Glad Trot is getting around, and congrats on your new job! :)

Yellow House said...

Welcome back! Congrats on your new job. Working in a bookstore sounds incredible. I imagine that you are a perfect fit!

Glad all is well, that Trot is healing, and that you had a great holiday weekend!

Leslie said...

my goodness...no wonder you were among the missing for awhile. i was just thinking about you today wondering where you had gone. I even mentioned it to Colleen...she said the same. Glad all is well and you were enjoying yourself. I am excited for you for your new job. it sounds like fun. I hope to hear more soon.

Jennifer Campbell said...

I bet Tami wants to join you at that new job!!! Looks like you ladies had a blast! The guys look very at home in the kitchen... bet you had some fabulous food! I am so happy you found your dream job. You truly will do wonderfully there! We have lots of progress on the house right now... so we have been extremely busy. Well going in, septic system going in, hopefully our rough in inspection early next week. It will be one busy weekend this weekend. Talk to you soon! Glad to see Trot doing well! Gotta love when kids are given things they normally are not allowed to have.

Jess said...

Wow, men in the kitchen? I never thought it possible. Huh.

Glad you had a nice break. I've been kind of a MIA blogger lately too.

Jane's Art said...

Girl looks like y'all had as much fun as we did, LOL!!
Bookstore....I'm jealous!

Aimee said...

Glad to see you back and in good spirits :)
The job sounds fab, and really, can you blame Bear about the snacks? I mean, snacks are gooood . . . ;)

Colleen said...

Well, I'm glad you are back, but it looks like you were busy having fun without us. But if you don't live "real" life, you'll have nothing to blog about. (I have to remind myself of that whenever I'm spending FAR too much time on the computer.)

Congrats on the new job!

Pam said...

What fun! Congratulations on the job! One of my favorite bookstores in the whole world!

Pam
http://teachingreaderstothink.blogspot.com/

Prasti said...

sounds like your new job is fun! congratulations. always makes work easier when you are doing something you enjoy :). and i hope your dog recovers quickly. what happened to his leg?

thanks for stopping by :)

alita said...

Congrats on your new job! And aren't breaks fun. I took a break over memorial day weekend. I didn't even allow myself to think/write or do anything bloggy.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

Congratulations on your dream job!

Emmy said...

Congrats on your job! And kids and snack are inevitable :). We can only protect them so long.

Kate@And Then I Was a Mom said...

Glad you enjoyed a little break, and the bookstore job sounds SO COOL. I expect a lot (well, even more) children's book recs, now. :-)

Also, I'm so happy that Trot is doing better.

Finally, I say that every kid needs a Dorito now and then. Especially a contraband Dorito, which is somehow even tastier.

Nap Mom said...

Aaaaaa... I have an English degree too... but ALWAYS wanted to be a teacher. You have MY dream job. Can't wait to hear all about it. Congratulations!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs