June 14, 2010

This "Moose-t" certainly makes it better



I could make today another love letter to you, my readers.  

Your uplifting comments, supportive e-mails and warm vibes were such a pick me up.  They cleared my head and brought me smiles.  Kinda like in the way Champ expressed his support by placing a new pair of shoes in my lap yesterday after work.


I hate shoe shopping, but I do like shoes. 

Champ is extraordinary because not only does he realize shoe buying causes me stress, he recognized that in this particular week, the best way to sooth my soul was to simply surprise me with a pair of J-41 brown "hybrids".

I have been having internal struggles about all the LEATHER in the supportive shoes out there.  I feel a bit hypocritical and yet, no "animal friendly" shoe has been worthy enough to carry me through an entire work day. Champ found that J-41 at least have 100% recyclable packaging and outsoles made of recycled tires.  For now, that works for me.

I love Champ.  I love my new shoes.

Have I mentioned it's moose season here (at least the tail end of it)?  About 3 weeks ago, we spotted this cutie:


 I hadn't posted it at the time because it didn't make for great blog fodder.  I mean, a backside shot...


 
and then this?  But then just a few days ago, Champ, Bear and I came upon this guy:


He was rather TALL. And curious


 and the calmest, most laid back moose I've ever met.  He seemed to almost enjoy getting his picture taken.



Yeah, we were close.  These were all taken with just my little point and shoot so CLOSE is actually putting it lightly.  Go on and pet him, I know you want to.  It took every ounce of restraint I had to not run up and throw my arms around him in a hug and say "I'm glad you're here!".

Our week ended on a lovely note.  Champ's sister J and her family were here for a visit.  Among other things, we went for ice cream


and sang "happy birthday" to my adorably pregnant sister-in-law


Fun times with my nieces, cake, ice cream, a sweet visual reminder that I will have a new niece or nephew in July and a laid back Sunday spent working in the bookstore?


I'd say it was a fine weekend indeed.


27 comments:

Yellow House said...

What a lovely present to see your post this morning! Congrats on the new shoes - nothing beats a good pair for work. I clicked on the link and they look so fun! Stylish and comfy... that's a great combo!

And ohmygoodness! The moose! The moose is one of my favorite animals... I don't blame you for wanting to run up and hug it! I can't believe how close you were. Wow!

Happy Monday, auntie-to-be!

Darlene said...

It sounds like you had a GREAT weekend. I can't even imagine seeing a moose...WOW and look how CLOSE you were! I only see pictures of them when I am watching that show about Alaska Troopers.

Glad you found some shoes that are comfy.

WackyMummy said...

Comfy new shoes make me happy too. =)
I love seeing moose, too.
So great to hear you had a great weekend. Happy week!

Jess said...

My son has a disc of "Moose Tunes" that his Grandma bought for him. One song is about a Moose in the middle of the road that might move on in a month or two... so your photos totally cracked me up this morning. I don't suppose he laid down and took a little nap right there? :P

Leslie said...

i love the moose shots!!! we used to get these all of the time when we lived in Alaska...they would just walk right in the yard and all over the neighborhood. i kind of miss them. how fun to celebrate together and those shoes...oh those shoes...they are amazing. Go Champ!!!

Pam said...

I have always wanted to see a moose "up close and personal". Steve has seen them while skiing. Have you ever seen the book - Maynard the Moose? Got it long ago in Maine. Fun!!!!

Colleen said...

Great shoes!! I'll have to spend some time looking at their website.

I love the moose pics. I've never seen one, although we are always on the lookout for them when we go to Maine. Maybe this year!

Kate said...

I've never seen a moose...they don't live in the Great Southwestern Desert, do they?
Love the new shoes...chunky, but fashionable. They'll look fab on you. Have a great week up in the northeast!

Stacia said...

Wow, that moose is tall!
he's like the Julius Erving of moose. And wearing new eco-friendly shoes to get ice cream to share with family sounds lovely! =>

Jenilee said...

look at that moose! I love it! my girls would be so excited about being that close to one :) fun pics! :) glad to be back visiting you! :)

Kate@And Then I Was a Mom said...

I keep meaning to tell you how excited I am about your bookstore job; I am sure you are PERFECT for the position. Keep keepin' us posted on the books we need to be buying for the short set...

Emmy said...

Glad you had a good weekend. And so glad you didn't give the moose a hug or you might not be here to write this!
And a husband that buys shoes for you, wow you are a lucky girl!

Jennifer Campbell said...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH my goodness... those are great pictures of the moose... I want to see one! I hope if we ever get to come up... there is one waiting on the road for me!

Erin said...

I love your moose! omg....i am swooning over here!

J-41s...are those the kind that look like Keens? are they made by Jeep? I think I have some. They are mary-jane style and a purplish pink. I love them. I, too, am developing a leather thing that probably goes hand in hand w/ my newfound vegetarian thing. I feel like no matter what i do, i suck, and i'm hurting something/someone/somehow.

your photos are incredible.
can't wait for you to be an auntie!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

J-41?? I've never heard of these. Are you saying that they're comfortable? Cuz I'm all about the comfortable and I could use all the suggestions I can get, especially if the shoes are cute too! It's so hard to get comfortable shoes that LOOK nice.

Jenn said...

Oh, wow! A real moose! As for shoe shopping, lol, I'm on my way to post about my woes right now...not my favorite either.

Aimee said...

glad you had a great, rejuvenating weekend! I have just now finished wading through the 600 items in my google reader (so not kidding) since I have been too busy to read/post myself. I suspect that you have no need to apologize to other mommy bloggers about life interrupting the blogging process -- we've all been there, mama! :)

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

I'm amazed by the moose and that Champ can buy shoes that fit and feel good. I wish there was someone that could do that for me!

Graceful said...

Love the moose!!!! He is so cute and gangly. I was disappointed we didn't catch sight of one in Minnesota this time around -- up north is my only opportunity to see a moose these days...none here in Nebraska! :)

Graceful said...

Have to say...just clicked over to check out the shoes. LOVE them! Super cute...having a major coveting moment!

Mama Zen said...

I do want to hug that moose!

Anastasia said...

How cute! I like how it looks like its balancing on its toes and posing for you.

Tracie said...

I've never heard of those shoes but I'm on no spending spree so I will not allow myself to check them out.

That moose is HUGE! Glad you had a good weekend with the family!

Joann Mannix said...

I have never seen a real moose in my life. That is unbelievable!

And shoes, the gray skies immediately turn sunny when a pair of new shoes enters my life.

Catherine Anne said...

I have missed your blog. Great post. How cool to see a moose... We think its cool to see deer. My kids are going to love it when I tell them of your moose post~

Gina F said...

Great looking shoes and comfy too. I absolutely love the moose pictures. I would of loved to walked up to him and give him a great big hug also. Glad you had a great weekend. Hope you have a great week also. :o)

Gina
motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com

Miss Welcome said...

Champ sounds like a champ!

Aren't moose dangerous? That's what I heard. I can't believe you saw a live moose. I have lived in almost every corner of the world, but am such a stranger to nature.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs