July 10, 2010

Birthday Bear

The full tilt whirl of visitors has subsided
for a bit.


Today Champ and I had a rare day home together with Bear... 


We glided through it getting small chores done, playing the afternoon away and eating ice cream for dinner (shhh, don't tell anyone)...




I'm even showered and ready for bed and it's barely past 8pm.

This is a rare moment for sure, so what suddenly creeps into my mind now that all the other distractions are at bay?


Geez Louise- my little baby boy is now 2!







YIKES!



Yes his birthday shirt is adorable, I agree with you.  Head here if you'd like to see where I ordered it from.

Also?  While my in-laws were here last week (or was it 2 weeks ago?  I can't remember who was here when!) they were able to experience one of our bear visits first hand:

From the safety of the windows, the largest bear we've seen to date rambled all about the yard; eating compost here and fire pit ashes there.  When he (she) had had it's fill and was tired of spectators, it swaggered on up into the woods, completely unrushed.

I have no pictures of the bear, but here are the excited onlookers:

               (ok, so they ventured past the windows on to the deck)

I tell you this story because I was reminded of it today:

Champ: no I didn't have shoes on my feet
Bear: why?
Champ: well, I was on the grass and it was wet, so I went barefoot.
Bear: barefoot?
Champ: yes barefoot.
Bear: you stepped on a bear?
Champ: (unable to answer)
Bear: your foot was on a bear?
Champ: (still unable to fully answer)


*I broke my own rule and blogged on the weekend in honor of Bear's birthday.  Hope you don't mind.

19 comments:

Jenilee said...

a bear in your yard!!! wow! and what a cute conversation between the boys. :)

Jingle said...

what fun to do things amazing like that.

Jennifer Campbell said...

OOOOOHHHH my goodness!!! That is a really cute story! So, here is a cute story to share about Bryce... he is going to SLA. I was a parent volunteer this week. On our way in from recess... Ro met us (Leah and I) out on the playground, she was talking to the kids and trying to get to know their names... goes through a few kids and says their names... getst to Bryce and says his name... then he turns to her and says "this is Mommy" about me. It was just priceless. Ro enjoyed it too!

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday, Bear!!! And don't let anyone fool you - two is not terrible, it's delightful! Sounds like your summer is everything that summers should be - enjoy! :)

Mrs. Bird said...

Happy Birthday, Bear!!!! So glad you could stop by for a visit too :)

Mama Zen said...

That black and white shot is just stunning. I can never get birthday pictures like that!

Amy said...

Great pictures and great story. I love the things that kids say. We (adults) had ice cream for dinner last night. Just has to be done sometimes!

Emmy said...

That shirt is cute but the boy in it is even cuter! Seriously so cute. So glad the bears seem pretty calm, I think I would be scared if there were that many bears in my yard.

Coffee Slut said...

Happy Birthday Bear! What a lil cutie he is!

I have 2 awards for you on my blog!

Yellow House said...

Happy Birthday, little man!

da mainiac mama said...

Happy Birthday, bear!!! 2 years old... fun year let me tell you.

And a real bear! How cool. I've seen a couple camping in the upper peninsula. From a safe distance though.

Thank you for your sweet compliments on my blog TJ. You always make me smile. Enjoy this week!

Colleen said...

Sometimes rules are made to be broken. Happy Birthday to your little bear! Do you suppose that's why the big bear came by? To say happy birthday? :) Such scary, fun excitement!

Leslie said...

happy birthday Bear...i am glad you broke your rule. it is nice to hear from you!

Pam said...

Happy Birthday to a dear little boy! Imagine my surprise when I went back to work and found a gift waiting for me from Vermont special people! Thank you so much! Hope to be in your corner of the world in late August! Miss you.

laney said...

Ice cream for dinner...love it!!! Happy Birthday Bear! It looks like he had a good one.

Erin said...

ice cream for dinner sounds right up my alley. but a bear in the backyard? oh my!

Kate said...

Happy birthday, Bear! Somehow I don't see you as EVER being a Terrible Two, handsome!

Jennifer said...

awwww my little honey - two!

Graceful said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Bear! And I hope you had a great 4th of July -- our trip was great but crazybusyhectic. It's a good thing we didn't schedule a date...I probably would have had to bail on the last minute! Maybe next time?

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs