April 08, 2011

One of the silver linings...

Now wait, before I go any further...


 Ok then.

As promised, I have a follow up to this post 

True to the "when one door closes another opens" mantra and my own personal little jingle of "God's got my back", I had a startling conversation with a good friend of mine, J,  just days after making the difficult decision that it was time to leave the bookstore. 

 
J owns a very interesting business in town and was looking for part time help.  She was mostly venting to me as a friend over our coffee (in her store while our 3 children played together, mind you), but with a serious look in her eye and without knowing the decision I had recently come to, she also hedged "you wouldn't happen to be interested, would you?". 

It seems my world had begun to spin way too fast for me and at the same time it was easing way too easily into the potential next path.  Is this what you had up your sleeve God or am I making a sign out of nothing?  Am I interested?  I said "maybe", asked for a little bit of time and went home to pray on it and talk to Champ.




 
It's Friday, who wants to read a long post?  No one! So here's the deal: I accepted the job.  I work a few days a week for both  J and her co-owner, L.  Bear comes to work with me sometimes and sometimes he goes to the babysitter- it's flexible like that.  I'm home in time for dinner because the store is minutes from our house, can still coach "Girls on the Run" and I don't work holidays.  I even am using the seven years experience I gained working at a dog academy a long, LONG time ago.

(Bear takes his naps on the third floor and there's a play space on the second floor.)

Where do I work?   Why at the local pet boutique and wine cellar in town.


Here in Vermont, lots of buildings house more than one business under one roof.  I'm just the lucky gal who's work day consists of  petting visiting puppies and kittens while recommending a good Cabernet.


God is good and his sense of humor makes me laugh.  I am blessed, so blessed in fact that after accepting this job I discovered he had yet another curve in the road planned for me.


Stay tuned and have a blessed weekend yourself!




13 comments:

Colleen said...

Lol! I love Vermont! Where else would you have a pet/wine shop?!
Have fun in your newest adventure!

Winn (aka Koreen) said...

That must be the most awesome store ever! I need to visit Vermont. Wouldn't it be nice if there were more stores like that (out here)?

Alita said...

I want to go to Vermont. Like Now. How cool... and seriously like Colleen said, where else could you have a pet/wine shop.

Now to tell you some exciting news cause I know YOU of all people will be excited for us... We are getting a puppy (our first family puppy) the kids are finally old enough and since we are moving... I AM SO STOOOOOOKED!!! It will be in June most likely.

Leslie said...

this sounds like a fun place to work...it is so wonderful that you can bring the little man to work with you.

Kate said...

OMG, TJ....what a wonderful job. Two of my most favorite things in the world....pets and pinot :o You are a lucky girl and you have Bear close by. Good for you, girl!

Emmy said...

Okay so you resolve one thing but then leave us hanging again!

So nice that you will be able to bring Bear with you sometimes. Just make sure he doesn't get to the wine bottle area :)

Amy said...

Sounds great, now I just need to find a job doing what I love instead of what I like!

Kate said...

LOVE IT.

Pam said...

Miss you! Hope all is well.......I know it is........

Tabitha said...

Congratulations on your new job! Thank you ever so much for visiting my little space!

Julie said...

That is awesome! One stop shopping! Treats for the whole family. :)

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Thus, I found your fun blog.

You have wonderful news, in this post I see. Which is fantastic. Things falling into place, are lovely.

Gentle hugs,
'Aunt Amelia'

Melody said...

what a fun place to work ~ combines two of my favorite things for sure! :)

thanks for following along on my upcoming journey :) I leave CO July 1, so it's coming up soon...

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs