June 16, 2011

Tortillas for Me-Ahhh (but I'd share with the Bruins)

Today I'm tired and happy.  Tired because Champ and I took advantage of our alone time (oh Bear, we still do miss you so) and went out on a date last night.  Here's a hint...


We spent the evening cheering hard for the Boston Bruins AND IT WORKED!  

  
Yay for the 2011 NHL STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!!  So you see, tired AND HAPPY.  Now, on to tortillas...
 
There's just something about store bought tortillas that I don't like.  They leave this strange kind of aftertaste in my mouth, so I figured it was high time to try out the homemade kind.

                  I don't think I'm going back to store bought EVAH again.

Homemade tortillas (recipe by Kristen Van Dyken/Taste of Home)

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil

  • In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times, adding a little flour or water if needed to achieve a smooth dough. Divide dough into eight portions and roll out. 

 
Heat up a frying pan, (or as in my case, a cast iron flat pan) and cook tortillas on either side until a bit brown and bubbly.  The first tortilla will seem to take 10 minutes, the rest will take about a millisecond each.

Make enough for your meal, or make more and freeze them.


 
-Bruins pictures from here and here.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Okay. I majorly failed in my last (and first) attempt to make tortillas. Definitely gonna give this recipe a try.

Jennifer said...

I love that your cheering worked! Thanks!

michelle derusha@graceful said...

Those tortillas look like something even I could master, and believe me, I am not a dynamo in the kitchen.

Hey...did I know you were expecting????? I don't think I did! Wonderful! Congratulations!!

Nap Mom said...

We are Washington Capitals fans. Since they were not in the playoffs, we were cheering for the Bruins! Yay!!!!!

Jenilee said...

looks so good! now I just have to get motivated enough to try it! lol you know how much I don't enjoy cooking! :)

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs