June 28, 2011

Would you like a side of mud with that?

My son is no stranger to the kitchen.  No foodie lovin' Mama like me is going to let her boy grow up not knowing how to fry some eggs or better still, turn those eggs into an impressive souffle.

I recently discovered yet another way to keep Bear comfortable among pots and pans-


in an outdoor mudpie kitchen!!  Once I stumbled upon the idea here, I knew we had to try it.  Don't you just love the concept?


Now I've been paring down and desperately simplifying even since Spring, so I knew I wasn't going to buy anything new for this kitchen: not even at a thrift shop (Ooooh, the threat!  I sound so severe!),  so I gathered up what we already had in the house or in the yard.  I thinned out his indoor kitchen a bit (which is admittedly hodge podge to begin with) and soon enough, I had plenty of fodder for my kitchen vision.

  
Bear quickly figured out where to source his water from and before long, the air was filled with the smell of mud soup and dirt muffins.


Funny, there were no mudpies to be found.  Still, even if he never cooks up an official mud pie in his kitchen under the pines, his imagination will not suffer; what with all the muddy mashed potatoes he plans on making and all.


Inspiration found in Nature and a even deeper love for this boy most certainly after his Mama's food loving heart.

PS: I'll have you know, I finally decided to do a little editing using Photoshop 7.  I have no idea what I did, or how I did it, but these photos were mainly touched up with Photoshop and a few nips and tucks in Picnik.  Look at me Dad- actually using the new program on my computer!  Thanks :)



6 comments:

Emmy said...

Okay that is beyond awesome!! We don't have a yard suitable for this. Very jealous.

Jess said...

You are an awesome Mama TJ!

blueviolet said...

That is one of the absolute best joys of being a child. Mud play rocks!!! So do you!

Leslie said...

this is the perfect little man kitchen!!!

Jenilee said...

what a fun idea! giving him real kitchen tools was a hit for sure :) and your pics look great!

Colleen said...

You're such an awesome mom!! Love it!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs