July 19, 2011

In my shower...

Hi everyone!  Hope you had a delicious weekend...


I most certainly did.
 ***********************************

On my last post about henna and what I use in my hair a few of you expressed an interest in learning more.  Since I love to give my readers what they want (always, always you should get your way, right?!) here's my latest hair lowdown:

links!
- I order my henna from Mehandi.
- I order amla, the shampoo bar and shikaki from The Indian Food Store .  Maybe you will be able to find Hesh products in your local stores, but I can't :(

methods!

- I added water to my amla/shikaki jar mix - eventually I'll transfer it to a squirt bottle to make application super easy in the shower.

- I also started to use a green tea rinse.  To make it, add hot water to a mason jar and 2 bags of green tea.  Allow it to steep- the longer the better.  Then I use it just like a shampoo in the shower (mixture lasts about 4 days).  It works crazy well and smells good, too.

- I'm back into using oil treatments now that my hair is a TEENY bit longer.  No true set measurements- I just heat up about a tablespoon of coconut, jojoba or apricot oil and then add a few drops of essential oils that I am in the mood for- lavender, bergamot, rosemary, lemongrass and/or grapefruit are my current choice favorites.  I rub it into my hair and scalp, cover it with a head wrap or bandana and then forget about it until my shower where I do use a drop of "real" shampoo to get the residue out.  

- As far as a weekly schedule, I tend to use my amla/shikaki mixture 2x week, green tea 2-3x/week and then the shampoo bar one day and the oil treatment another. 

There's no rhyme or reason to my madness and I'm sure I'll be tweaking my methods again, but for now it has become easy and quick; this is awesome because it leaves more time for the important things in life, like enjoying the weekend.



Delicious I tell you.  Delicious.


2 comments:

Colleen said...

It's going to take a couple of reads before I figure out your formula. I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of some of your wisdom once I move closer to a natural foods store. (There's not much of that here.)

Hope those mushrooms are the good kind! :)

T.J. said...

Oh they are, Colleen! My favorite kind- chanterelles!!!!! I don't even turn green or grown small when I eat them ;).

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs