August 02, 2011

Devil's Bowl

Honestly, I'm not feeling the blogging today, or this week for that matter.  Things here are a little bit hectic, it's SUMMER and we currently have a wonderful houseful of family visiting.  Blogging doesn't make it anywhere near the top of the list.


So...  I leave you with a post intended mainly for the Grandparents- Bear's first trip to the racetrack!  


 Our Credit Union was offering free tickets to our local Speedway this past weekend and we totally scoffed up that deal! 


 Devil's Bowl Speedway is the only Nascar sanctioned race track in Vermont.  Not only was that news to me, but this was also the first race track I've ever been to with such a pastoral scene:


(tractors, hay bales.  Granted, the tractor was for grooming, but still...)


It was a gorgeous time to be there.  End of July with the sun setting just right.  My novice usage of my new DSLR camera did not do it justice, but believe me, it was stunning.  And Exhilarating!


 Oh and speaking of my camera, I even got to practice focusing.  See?  First I focused on the cars



and then on Bear


Oooh, such talent I have.  And the kid isn't yet sick of me torturing him with my constant camera clicking.  So I continue to practice, and practice and practice...



I'll be back in a few days.  Be good 'til then.

5 comments:

alita jewel said...

Have fun with your fam chica! :)

smalltownmom said...

Oooh, that last picture is so cute. I love the look on his face.

Emmy said...

Love that you are having so much fun with your camera. Great pictures!

Colleen said...

Looks like fun and such a beautiful night too. That last photo is gorgeous! Have fun with that camera!!

Jenilee said...

great pictures! :) sounds like a fun event!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs