October 03, 2011

Chew on this

Today I have now officially been to the dentist 2 TIMES IN THE PAST 7 DAYS which ups my grand total of "visiting the dentist during this pregnancy" to somewhere in the range of 7-8. It's awesome really.  

My time with those tooth fanatics is up and I don't plan on going back until way after the new baby is here (if ever, but I digress)

Pregnant or not, here's a tip for all of you on how I coped during the time I wasn't getting relief in the dental chair.  Maybe you need to alleviate your suffering now, too.



Step 1: call the dentist because this treatment can only get you by so long
Step 2: gargle around in your mouth with a hydrogen peroxide rinse 2x per day to keep infection down and therefore- pain.  I did a capful to half a shot glass of warm water.
Step 3: Dab some clove oil on your sore tooth/gum with a Q-tip.  It numbs the pain and helps to keep it disinfected.  Clove oil IS a strong flavor, but it helped with the pain, so I didn't mind one bit.
Step 4: grind up some Tylenol so that it looks suspicious.  Use a Q-tip to dip into the powder and directly apply it to your aching tooth.  I liked to do this before bedtime and it solved the problem without me having to take a full dose of Tylenol internally.
Step 5: go to your dentist appointment and celebrate your painfree mouth (until the next tooth falls out).


And now it's time for some gossip:

I am so very very proud of Champ!  Over these past few months he has been nominated and involved in the process to nominate Vermont's Teacher of the Year.  The closing ceremonies were last week and he ended up being one of the top 4 finalists in the state.  Bravo and kisses to you!!!!

The nonprofit that both Champ and I are affiliated with is currently running it's online auction-  bid on a Ski getaway, a signed Red Sox Wakefield baseball, a gorgeous pottery bowl (From the studio I used to work at!)...
Go visit and help The Collaborative raise funds to continue supporting substance free youth.

And with that, me and my new-white-painfree tooth are over and out.

6 comments:

blueviolet said...

So glad you had your tooth situation all fixed up, you poor sweetheart!

Lady Jennie said...

Congrats Champ!

And ... come on baby! :-)

Amy said...

Hope you're feeling better! I love the tip. I am learning more and more about essential oils and hope someday to know a whole lot more than I do now and use them for anything and everything!

congrats to champ! I haven't been commenting much but I have been reading!

Emmy said...

Oh your poor mouth. That is awful. Congrats to Champ! That is amazing!!

glenda regan said...

Juicy Couture Sales juicy couture Tracksuit Juicy Couture Sandals Juicy Couture Earrings Juicy Couture Flip Flops Juicy Couture Bracelets Juicy Couture Purse Juicy Couture Swimwear Juicy Couture T-Shirt Juicy Couture Sunglass
Juicy Couture Watch Juicy Couture Necklace Dsquared Men Dsquared Shoes Dsquared Belt Dsquared Cap Dsquared Hoodies Dsquared Jeans Dsquared Suit Dsquared Sport Pants Dsquared Shirt Dsquared Polo
Dsquared T-shirt Dsquared Swimwear Dsquared Shorts Dsquared Trunks Dsquared Jacket Tommy Hilfiger Men

Pearl said...

Ah! Trips to the dentist! I combat the dentist with large amounts of Listerine, and when I must go I have my iPod to keep me company. :-)

Pearl

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs