October 27, 2011

Figuring it out

Update: so it did snow.  And a few days later it snowed even more.  Pictures at the end of this post.


-It is already Thursday. 
- In the wee hours of the morning snuggled close to the baby, I awoke to spit up flowing into my mouth.  I was amazed.  It was gross.
-I roused to Champ changing the car's snow tires as we are estimated to get 6" of snow today.  I don't know if I buy that, but it is snowing out and we do have baby A's doctor's appointment today, so snow tires it is.
- We've been finding dog vomit in the house on average about 2 times a day.  Is it a ploy for attention or some delicious feast found outdoors?  I'm not sure, but that too is gross.
- I have sushi and gossip plans with a girlfriend tonight (baring any blizzards).  NO BOYS ALLOWED.  It will be short and sweet since I am on a baby feed timer (no pumping for bottles just yet), but it will be rejuvenating!
- We have company arriving late tomorrow morning and through the weekend.
- There's no way I'm going to get the birth story up before the end of this week.  
- I would not be able to function without my Maya and Moby wraps
- thanks to those wraps, I've been in the kitchen making chili, granola and pumpkin pie.  Fall comfort foods are the best, don't you think?! 


All of this comes with the territory of a newborn.  I remember that, too.  A fond hello to all of you and may you not have a "spit up in your mouth" kind of day ;)

                                       the sun rises over our lake
 
                                                   a snowy new roof and chimney!

5 comments:

Caroline (Frogmum) said...

Looks like you have it all together my friend!! :) Not so sure that I'd be clearing up the dog vomit though! The rest ~ well sounds just like life with a newborn to me ~ only you bake, which I NEVER do - except I did today! :D

Leslie said...

eeew spit in the mouth...gross! Snow, are you kidding me? i am with you...baking is taking up plenty of time in the kitchen. it just feels like the thing to do.

koreen said...

Spit up in the mouth!!! Oh my ---! That's rough. Hope you don't get snowbound before the end of fall.

Emmy said...

Oh those snow pictures are beautiful- especially just looking at them from afar :). Did you have fun at your girls night?

Lady Jennie said...

yuk yuk!

Gorgeous photos though! :-)

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs