October 19, 2011

Snapshots

I sat down yesterday afternoon to write you, but then there was a knock at the door and friends and food and joy drifted in.  Before we knew it, it was bedtime...

And so here I am today; back at the computer, happy for yesterday's impromptu celebration and with a few moments on my hand to write you all a note.


The friends of yesterday haven't been the only sweet souls to stop by.  Our days are well balanced between visits from friends and family and serene (mostly) hours spent privately among all six of us under this roof- from baby to dogs.


This NEW roof to be exact.  The shifting of ladders and tools from the back of the house to the front signaled the end was in sight. Yesterday we bid a fond farewell to our house elves hard workers,  D & D.  Thank you again gentlemen and to the "underwriters" of this project!














(pics from a recent apple picking outing- thanks M, J and E!!!)

Bear begins most mornings snuggled in our bed listening to stories with baby AHe then moves on to booking his personal calendar for the day- I seriously think he gets more calls each week than Champ or I do.  "It takes a village", most certainly.

 
The harvest has continued even though our world stutter stepped for a few days.  Gradually, peacefully I am picking up where I left off; eager to freeze my most favorite of all fall homage- pumpkins!


Champ is ever reminded of his important role in this family as all clamor to him eager for snuggles, wrestle time or a quick walk.  His patience astounds me since after he has pacified all the males in the family, he still has to deal with me. 

That sums it up for now.  We try to swing with the ups and downs and savor when all the puzzle pieces click into place.

-The birth story patiently waits in the dugout as I roll the words around in my mind.  I'm thinking next week for sure...
- Oh, were you here for baby pictures?  Here's what I pulled out of my sling earlier this week:



12 comments:

The Keierleber Characters said...

I saw this post and freaked thinking I had completely missed his birthday, and while I am 2 weeks late... I thought he was at least a month or two old! He is so big and alert! Precious! Congrats!

Amy said...

Congratulations! Thanks for your most current comment. It really helped!

Leslie said...

more pictures, please!! i think i might not be able to get enough. he is so precious.

Emmy said...

Yes baby pictures make everyone happy! Congrats- he is adorable. Glad you have so many people that want to come and congratulate you.

alita jewel said...

How did I miss this?!

CONGRATULATIONS, MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess said...

Awww... love that sweet picture of him on your sidebar.

Kate said...

Love, LOVE the pictures TJ! You are blessed....thanks for sharing the pictures. Are you feeling outnumbered now?

Jennifer said...

I am in love!

Katelyn said...

TJ!!! I am so sorry I missed his arrival! Congratulations!!! I've been a little self absorbed lately....hope you're all doing great! I'm so happy for you!

Lady Jennie said...

Cutie cutie cutie!

Pam said...

Love the pics... miss you! Congratulations!

koreen said...

Sorry! I haven't gotten around the bloggy world lately, and totally missed this! Congratulations!!! He's beautiful! I can't wait to hear all about it. Love the photos! (Oh, I feel so dumb now, that I'm just seeing all this now. I still thought you were preggers.) Yay for you guys!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs