November 30, 2011

Full disclosure on boys and pinecones


Those two seem innocent enough, but that isn't necessarily the case (especially that little one right there). While my life is mostly peachy keen, I'm not about to pretend we don't have our moments.

Take yesterday, for example.  Notice what's missing from this mug full of tea?  


THE TEABAG.  I was so, shall we say occupied?! with Ace, that I didn't even notice I had forgotten to add it until a few sips into my drink, you know, the drink that I had steeped WITH NOTHING for 10 minutes.  

 Maybe I should rethink drinking decaf tea???  Really it didn't matter anyway because the baby needed to nurse, Bear needed something or other and before I knew it an hour had passed and my tea was cold.

Oh if that was the only complaint I had from this week. 

So yes, life is awesome and tricky right now and I've had to rein my priorities in hardcore to compensate.  Goodbye "visiting other blogs regularly", bon voyage "learning how to use Photoshop", adieu "making my own yogurt each week"... I know I'll be back to you eventually, but for now XOXOXO.

On the bright side, In a sane moment last week, Bear and I got a little crafty.  We gathered up pinecones


dipped them in some melted wax (you could use old candles)


and then rolled them in a concoction of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and sparkles.

They turned out beautiful and smelled scrumptious!



Truly, hello out there and I hope each of you are doing well.


8 comments:

Leslie said...

oh my goodness i laughed so hard when i read this. i feel your pain!!! i always have a half full, cold cup of tea sitting around the house. the best are the ones that i reheat in the microwave and then forget them there too until one of us opens it later in the day.

Baby A looks like Harry...what a sweet little guy. i think we just might need to try your pinecone idea. i love it!

Pam said...

Try pine cones dipped in peanut butter, rolled in bird seed, hang outside for our feathered friends . . .. once a teacher, always a teacher! Love to you and your "boys"!

blueviolet said...

I can only imagine how wonderful the pinecones smell.

You made me laugh to picture you sipping away at your tea and trying to figure out why it tasted so bland. ;) Cute!

Nap Mom said...

That's ok. I am glad that you are still blogging. This is an excellent post. I like your craft - what a great idea that is (1) relatively easy, (2) kid friendly, and (3) inexpensive... my three favorite things.

Bear needs a preschool busy bag. I'll do a blog post detailing the bag and come back and let you know when I did it so you can check out the details. I am extremely happy with the busy bag. It is the perfect fit for us.

Emmy said...

Never would have thought to dip in wax- what a great idea! And yes with kids 1+1 does not equal 2. Good luck :)

Amy said...

Life gets crazy doesn't it. Like Leslie above mentioned, I will often still have a full cup of tea in the middle of the day, out it in the microwave to reheat and forget about it, the reheat again and still forget about it.

I love that you still read and make comments on my blog. Thank you so much.

I love your craft idea. I may have to try this with my 3 and do it for Christmas gifts!!!!!!!

Your babies are beautiful!

Kate said...

The pinecones are gorgeous! I will have to make some.
Speaking of tea...have you ever tasted hibiscus tea? In Mexico, they call it te de jamaica (huh-mi-yih-cuh). Wonderful stuff. The baby is so BIG!!

So Pickin' Cute said...

Awww, your boys are precious!!! What a sweet baby. :) Do you think he looks like Bear?! Congrats again!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs