November 01, 2011

Setting and Stage prep...

"For Posterity's Sake"I like saying that; it sounds fancy.  I like the meaning behind the phrase too-  it gives me free range in this blog space to type things up simply for the act of remembering them in the future.  I'm forgetful, so posterity helps.

This post and the following one will be written For Posterity's Sake.  If you are a fan of babies and births, stick around; otherwise, I'll see you next week.


I like being pregnant and everything that comes with it, but this time around I just about reached my max being patient with pregnancy related ailments.  A DOUBLE THUMBS DOWN to pregnancy related carpal tunnel.  It arrived when I was about 8  months pregnant and it has only just subsided now (almost a month after delivery).  

And you know what?  I couldn't even knit!  Oh, I was so irritated!


Baby A has been patient though and this week I finally finished his Ravelry inspired kicking bag.


 He looks quite charming in it...


Another "ailment" I developed this time around was testing positive for Group B Strep.  In and of itself, this isn't a big deal as far as how it's contracted or how it is generally treated, but there is a bit of a risk factor for the baby.  We began to weigh all the options of how to deal with it once labor began and in the meantime I took matters into my own hands. 


                                 (funny kind of setting for supplements isn't it?)

I cranked up my probiotics and began taking 500mg vitamin C/day as well as 500 mg garlic oil.  I also took  Sovereign Silver  
each day and Echinachea over a 2 week spread.  Now these last two supplements are controversial, but I had done my research and trusted what I had found through reading and word of mouth.  

The point of all those supplements was to prepare my immune system and the baby's to a) hopefully fight off Strep B without the use of antibiotics during labor  b) build up the flora in our systems so that if I DID have to use antibiotics, all my immunities would come back quickly after birth.


Over these 9 months I discovered Traumeel works awesome for any sort of ache and pain.  This was fabulous for my pregnancy (and afterwards too), but anyone can appreciate it's magic- check it out!  It's produced by the same company who makes Sterling's arthritis pills.


The day before I went in to labor, we moved into this century and bought an I Pod Shuffle to load and help get me through contractions.  We got it in the nick of time.  I also packed lavender and bergamot essential oils.  Those 2 scents always help to keep me calm and focused. 

Do you know about  Bach Floral Remedies?  I swear by them and used the basic Rescue Remedy as well as Larch (if you feel overwhelmed, like you are losing confidence...) and Mimulus (fear of needles, procedures) during labor.  Once you know my full birth story, you'll see why these came in so so so so handy!

 The birth story stage has now been set.  Stay Tuned.    

PS: we had a blast yesterday for Halloween, did you?  See Bear waving his scepter and saying "Be Still!".  Can you guess what book character he was?


 PPS: Happy Birthday Trot and Happy All Saints Day to all of you!



 PPSS: he was Max from "Where the Wild Things Are"

PPSSS: join in on the fun...




Our Goodwin Journey

10 comments:

smalltownme said...

I love his bag! But I think he would look charming in anything.

Emmy said...

Oh I love birth stories- cant wait! And baby A is so cute in his bag thing :). Glad your wrists are feeling better.

Leslie said...

where the wild things are...i love that book....avery used to gnash her terrible teeth to it on a regular basis!!! Babies kick bag is so adorable...sorry about the carpal tunnel i know what a pain it can be...though i never got it treated. i am looking forward to the story.

koreen said...

I can't wait to read the story. I'm all about anything natural. Did you ever try oregano oil? I also discovered silver about 6 months ago and it pretty much saved my life. I'm so glad you're starting to feel better now.

blueviolet said...

He's so darling!!! I honestly didn't know pregnancy and carpal tunnel syndrome could be connected! I have it and need to wear wrist splints to sleep every single night.

Melissa said...

Your little one is absolutely precious! I didn't have an iPod when I had my daughter. That would have DEFINITELY come in handy! Lol

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am now following you back. Cute costume from Where The Wild Things Are, by the way! :-)

~xoxo~
Melissa

Jenilee said...

sounds like you had some great tools to help you! sorry about your wrists. hope they are doing better now! thanks for coming over and linking up!

tinaoglesby said...

you have a beautiful baby!! love the kicking bag :) looking forward to hear yourstory, nice to blog-meet you! tina @ september

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Just stopping by from Jennilee's just because...oh my word with the cuteness of your sweet baby and I love the little kicking sack. So cute! Nice to meet you! Blessings to you and your lovely family...

Jess said...

His little kicking bag is so awesome! But how long until he's old enough to kick that thing right off!?

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs