January 25, 2012

The shift

My sister-in-law, S, introduced me to the works of Eckhart Tolle.  I adored him upon first read and yet I am sometimes stubborn and refuse to hear the weight of his words.


I saw these lined up in the morning (Champ and his amber necklace were already long gone for work) and felt blissfully at peace.  A shift was in the air and the necklaces helped me to see it.  I began to lift my anchor.  I put down my self inflicting pack of judgements.

So much to be grateful for.  My children's sweetly scented necks waiting to be adorned.  Getting ready for "work" simply by putting on my amber and opening the front door.  Getting my hands on more of my MOST FAVORITE type of jasmine tea and introducing yet another powerfully relaxing routine into my morning.

There had been no sadness in me really, no true disdain, but still I did not want to conform.  I had forgotten how opening change can be if one lets it.  Like my first yoga headstand, my first black diamond ski run- fear, exhilaration and confidence all mixed together in that amber resin of change.

I'm on the other side of it now and a better soul for it.  Thanks to all of you and your supportive words.  Thanks to Eckhart for his.

“The moment that judgement stops through acceptance of what it is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace.”  - Eckhart Tolle


*************************************************************
About that job...  almost a month in and I'm finding it to be rather fun.  My boys are as well.  


A hint?  Only one of those hands is from my family :).


2 comments:

Jess said...

(Hugs) sweetie. You are a strong woman, and yes, change is hard!

Leslie said...

things sound peaceful and beautiful in your neck of the woods! i love the amber....and a relaxing tea time!!! i needed to read those words this morning.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs