February 15, 2012

Chocolate Shortbread


Shortbread is all well and good, but Chocolate Shortbread is decadent I tell you.  That recipe has been with me for ages, so much so that I have no idea where it originated from.  I can whip it up  in a heartbeat and yet it tastes like a peerless bakery purchase.

                      I am horrid at taking food pictures

The only problem is that I could eat the whole batch in one sitting, so I've found it's best to share.  A recent teatime with my friend, J, was the perfect excuse.


Chocolate Shortbread
- preheat oven to 325*.  Mix 1 C flour, 1/4C sugar and 1/4C unsweetened cocoa together.  Cut in 1/2C butter until mixture is crumbly.  Work dough until it can hold it's shape.  Form into a ball and then press into an 8" square (or in a mold, or into whatever shape you chose).  Score dough slightly, place on ungreased pan (or in a mold) and bake 20-25 minutes.  Cut shortbread along score lines and allow to cool.

The OTHER excuse as to why I wanted to make this ASAP is because I found a shortbread mold at my thrift shop for $1.00. 


Yes, I know! Only one dollar.  I got home and checked in my dog eared King Arthur Flour catalog.  Just as I had suspected,


with this steal of a deal, I had saved over $33.00 dollars!  Thus making my chocolate shortbread that much more decadent.

6 comments:

Nap Mom said...

1. You know I love to bake.

2. I also love shortbread... and chocolate.

3. I love a deal {{you got a steal}}.

SCORE!

Great post. I am eager to try this shortbread recipe.

smalltownme said...

I love that pan!

Emmy said...

Woohoo!! Love good finds like that. I found a 12" heart shaped Wilton cake pan at the thrift store for $5- I snagged that right up and those are not cheap

Leslie said...

this sounds so tasty!!! i love a good cookie recipe

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

That mold is so cute! And for a $1!!! I like to try these sometime. I'd also have to share. :)

Lady Jennie said...

I didn't even know such a thing existed! I love that mold, and the shortbread looks divine.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs