March 26, 2012

Maya Makeover

I've been starved for color lately. Probably because it is mud season around here and while that means the moose are being spotted (Champ saw 2!) and the asparagus is beginning to make it's journey to daylight, it's still muddy.  And drab.  And grey brown.  I needed a stab of color to get me pumped for Spring. 

My eyes swept around the house and I think the Maya sling cringed when I settled on it.  The ring sling has been around for a while.  Bear enjoyed some time in it


and more recently, Ace...


It's great and serves it's purpose well, but since it's a hand-me-down it's not quite ME.  It's muslin colored.  I don't do well with shades of cream, so I headed to Dharma Trading Company and ordered a dye in a vibrant shade of red.  


I found a site online with directions on how to dye it and then I pulled on some rubber gloves and dove in.


My washer doesn't quite do what the directions wanted it to do, so I just used a wooden stick to agitate it every once in a while. 

 And the results?


So very me.


 It got me thinking about Easter and endless possibilities for some of the men in my life.  Hmmm......


dyed polo shirts?  socks?  ties?   What fun I could have don't you think?


8 comments:

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

How creative! I just love it!

Emmy said...

Love love it!! And what an easy way to make it something you love.

And I love love that feet picture! How adorable and great editing on it

Pam said...

Nice! We have been wanting to see moose . . . might just have to take a trip to Vermont during "mud season". Wishes . . .

Caroline (Frogmum) said...

So very colourful :D LOVE it!

Mrs. Bird said...

Wonderful! I love it! I'm going to repurpose the Moby I made as soon as I finish another project ;)

Leslie said...

this red is so great....so much personality

deb duty said...

The color turned out so happy and bright! Love it!

Devon said...

I took a weaving class in college and dyed some yarn... that's the extent of my dying... oh, other than the occasional tie-dye! I love the end result you came up with! Looks fun!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs