March 08, 2012

Pocket full of

In my mind, there's no such thing as moving on.  I mean, I'll grow from my experience with Sterling and time will help smooth rough edges, but I won't move on because I don't want to.  I plan to carry her right along in my heart and never ever to move past my memories of her.

However... there's only so much wallowing a person can do, right?

To that end, let me show you a few behind the scenes moments from the past week to help clear the air:
 

~ my Jedi took a liking to his mop training

 ~ he also learned to take spectacular photos of his little buddies

~this guy used a jedi mind trick to distract me while he turned 5 months old





~ a laid back weekend with friends and gorgeous weather helped to ease the sting of recent days

~Ace relaxed by taking an easy, breezy nap in the hammock

As you can detect, life is not all that bad these days, but I still find myself bumping and jolting through the hours; not quite back to self.  Thank you all for your heartfelt comments and e-mails.  They perk me right up when I read them and I do plan to return to all things normal soon.  In the meantime though, even if I haven't responded, even if I never do, know that your words carry much weight and I've tucked then in my shirt pocket right next to my brilliant Sterling memories and my fondness for A.

I can't leave without pointing out that somehow, through all THIS, I've acquired a new reader.  That kind of decision requires a spotlight, so welcome, Tattytiara, I'm glad you're here.

May another calm weekend roll over me...

4 comments:

Emmy said...

Okay I am behind- I've got some reading to do to figure out what is going on. And 5 months already- yes too fast

Pam said...

Thinking of you . . . it has been way too long . . . Happy soon to be Spring!

Lady Jennie said...

I'm sorry for your loss. :-(

Mark said...

Despite Sterling's death, these are things which could be a good reason for you to smile.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs