April 17, 2012

2 plus 5 equals lots to read

I've returned to reading the two blogs I gave up over Lent, but with a healthier distance and detachment to them.  You see, I don't need to be as attached because in the interim, I've found other cool things to read. 

Careful now before you click: they are all most interesting:

Small Things  ok, so this almost qualified me as cheating over Lent since it reminds me a lot of Soulemama.  How was I to know?

A Year Of Family Home Evenings  I've said it before, we aren't Mormon, but I hull religious exposure from many places.  Places like this one.

Food Renegade You can't sit back and relax here..  Food Renegade is all about smartening up about the food we eat and where it comes from.  Heck, this site even got me to call my governor regarding GMOs.  It's a good, daily kick in my rear.

Cold Antler Farm Jenna is my age and lives just over the border in New York.  She has a farm!  She is an amazing writer and blogger!  She just got a goat!  let me repeat  She just got a goat!!!!!!!

Little Free Libraries- have to put this one in here as Nap mom just opened my eyes to it.  Amazing right?  Now what are you going to do about it?

*********************************************

It's again "clean up and save this month's photos" time.  The gem I found this month...


my son's not only deft with a slot machine, but he seems to be teaching others the evil of his ways.  Maybe our Family Home Evenings will be able to counteract that?


Happy day to you all!

3 comments:

Emmy said...

So awesome that you are going to be starting family home evenings! As yes, you do not have to be Mormon to want to strengthen your family and have a time set aside to teach eachother. We take turns rotating who leads the songs, who shares the message and who is in charge of treats (kids favorite part some weeks). It is an awesome chance for my kids to get used to teaching and presenting something. Right now the whole thing often only last ten-15 minutes but it is the tradition and good habits that matter.

Coffee Slut said...

Adorable photo!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

You are making me laugh with that photo! I want to peek at that Food Renegade one!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs