May 29, 2012

a weekend in May

"“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”  - CS Lewis

Our current offspring have swelled to 9, some travel hours and hours and hours to get here, and Tuesday always seems to arrive faster each year...  still, Memorial Day is precious in so many ways and we chose to honor it with the days we had and the dear friends surrounding us.



   ~ the Tomten worked his charms~



~ celebrations were underscored with foods: both familiar and not.



~there were moments of play~


~and moments spent relaxing~

Today I turn from those fond memories and look to the remainder of the week: my brother-in-law, D, will be married this Friday and the festive spirit of love and support are already coursing through my veins in anticipation of the wedding!  Hip hip hooray for LOVE: in friendship. in matrimony.  I am so very blessed to feel the flame of both 
this week.

8 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, what a happy happy post! Makes me wish I'd taken a few pictures this weekend too.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

How beautiful! I feel relaxed just looking at this! We celebrated Victoria Day here in Canada at the same time. Much the same sort of atmosphere... I didn't take pictures, either. But the good part of that is that I was being too much a part of things to go get my camera. That's a nice change from always being on the sidelines. ;)

smalltownme said...

What a beautiful day!

Lady Jennie said...

I love when groups of old friends get together with kids. That's what it's all about. And hooray for love! :-)

Emmy said...

How fun does that look! So awesome that you all get together. Looks like the kids had so much fun playing together.
Love the second to last picture- it is so sweet!

Devon said...

Looks like a wonderful gathering! How nice to have so many little ones together to play! :)

Amy said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Hope you are enjoying life!

Mark said...

Looks like you had a great time. Sometimes it's really relaxing to just sit and laze around with the family.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs