June 21, 2012

As for strawberry processing...



it got done: spread over a few days, interlaced with pauses and a few antics, but every berry is accounted for and all our hands (and mouths) are stained scarlet to prove it.
 

This year I tried out a new strawberry jam recipe (didn't use the lemon zest)  and Bear tried to fit in the kitchen sink.  It lasted a good 45 minutes before his legs went numb and he realized he's grown since last year.  I should mention it was nice having company at eye level while I canned, even if said company was naked.


Trot is another one I couldn't keep out of the water if I tried.  He constantly has that wild, happily posessed dog look in his eye as he rolls on his back after a good swim in the lake... 


and so it seems, all these daily moments add up to the exciting reminder that summer is here... officially.

 
Bear and I celebrated the Equinox with a picnic of peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches and chocolate pudding, while I continued with my goal (of the fun variety) by setting the manual AND self timer buttons on my camera.  On the first try I got what you see above: not great, but useable- I am pleased as punch- clearly noticed by the wild, happily possessed look in this novice photographer's eye.


Bring it on, Summer!

6 comments:

A :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A :) said...

I love that you are such a good blogger and that I can watch the boys get SO BIG from so far away... I miss you

Jess said...

Bring on the self timer! One of the very best features your camera has... in my humble opinion. :)

Jenilee said...

great pictures! and good for you for using that timer!

Pam said...

my favorite fruit - for a story of course - check out - http://teachingreaderstothink.blogspot.com/2012/06/little-mouse-red-ripe-strawberry-and.html

Lady Jennie said...

My strawberries tasted salty this year and my not-very-sweet jam did too. Hum?

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs