August 06, 2012

Here's what I'm going to do...


I will show you some pictures of my lovely, seriously wonderful life.  Get you good and involved in our weekending so that you can feel like a part of my family, which in an extended
way,  you are.

                                     the art of log splitting

 Can you guess where we were?  More on this later- when Bear is off the phone...

I will involve you because I think it's cool that you like to follow along in our daily going-ons and because I visit other blogs for this same reason.  I dig ethereal pictures of mamas with many children getting their farm chores done while writing their next novel , or the woman who is teaching her child geometry while knitting a sweater and she has some tips to share on both.  I'm a sucker for the dude who just got back from rescuing some stranded sea turtles and has National Geographic type photos to prove it.  So here, let me show you how I played the piano with a baby on my back...


How I went outside this morning to admire my eldest son at play with the dog and how he grabbed my hand, leading me to the wild raspberry patch ripe for the picking...


All so wonderful, so lovely, and so trueBUT LORD ALMIGHTY is my house dirty and do I have a boatload of vegetables to process, and the children should really be bathed...

So here's what else I'm going to do today- remind you to pat yourself on the back for all the things you too have done over the weekend.  Encourage you to remember that no one does it all and that many, many things on the to do list must be left unaccomplished if you want to keep a sane mind about you (are you listening TJ?).   I do so like to feel sane, but setting tasks aside, learning to let go?  These are hard hard traits to acquire.  So sure, enjoy the pictures, imagine you were here splitting wood with us, but don't you dare leave thinking I've got everything under control...

because I don't ;)  
and I'm slowly learning to say that's ok.

5 comments:

Jess said...

True that. We cannot do it all. And we're just gonna have to be okay with that, because Lord knows it isn't all gonna get done. May be time to prioritize? :)

Leslie said...

that is a lovely reminder...thank you!! i love how Ace seems to be peering over your shoulder while you are playing the piano.

Emmy said...

Yep often it seems to be my house is super clean and that means I probably haven't been doing much with my kids or the other way around. The later really is better

Love how you were playing the piano!

Michele Horne said...

You just summed up my entire summer in one post! We have had such amazing weather... Every evening I swear, "Tomorrow I will catch up on laundry, clean the house, write a bog post...." and then we wake up to the sunshine and I say, "Screw it. We are going blueberry picking and having a picnic in the park today. " and the laundry is still undone, the house in disarray, and my blog neglected... And it has been the best summer ever with my girls!!!

Lady Jennie said...

It's fun to live vicariously through you (without the messy house - I have one of my own). :-)

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs