August 15, 2012

I'm joining Mr. Meyer's fan club


Today begins early with ginger root tea.  Perhaps it's because I want to use the teapot my friend just brought me, or because I want to cut in to the Meyer lemons I've acquired and see what the craze is all about*.  Most likely though, it's because ginger and lemon and honey seem the best way to ease into this day ahead of me.  It's just a simple Wednesday with no huge plans, but regardless, I'm a little wiped and a little tired and if a cozy teapot reminding me of fun and friendship will help, then so be it.

I'm going to curl up in the sunshine today with my boys, try to ignore the seriously dirty house, and instead remember the seriously rockin' times we had with friends and family only just days ago...

 cousin love



 I adore this shot- oh the dress ups!!



                        It takes a special uncle to let you poke at his teeth

                                      More dress ups- during smore time...

                                    and to teach us about fire safety.

An exit of cousins (we'll miss you!), and then a welcome to more faces...

                                           yes, I own a bunny cake mold




                                    Trot loves when HIS buddies come to visit


 We explored a dam and since one can never forage too much...


 
T, who is a science teacher, helped me identify some local plants.


I'm grinning in to my tea cup already, just remembering it all.  What's new with all of you? 

*the craze is well founded.  I am now a confirmed Meyer lemon fan.

2 comments:

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

You've been doing things right, my friend!

Katelyn said...

:)

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs