August 22, 2012

Unglamourous artichokes


The grocery store had the cutest little artichokes and so I had to get them.  I SAVOR artichokes and when they are so small and sweet how can I say no?  If I had time, I would have stuffed them, but there was prepping for vacation to be done, so I went with my old speedy standby instead.  They were still so very delicious with a lunch of hard salami and cheese.

Unglamourous artichokes
1 crock pot
a few artichokes to fit in your crock
1 lemon
approx. 1 pat of melted butter for each artichoke
salt/ pepper

~ Cut off the bottom of your artichokes so that they sit properly.  Slice off  the tippy tops of them as well if they are tough.  Place artichokes, upright, in the crockpot.  Fill crockpot with enough water to cover 3/4 of the artichokes.  Squeeze lemon juice over artichokes then drizzle with butter.  Heartily sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Turn crockpot to high for 2-4 hours or until artichokes are soft and warmed throughout.


Eat unglamourous artichokes in a very glamorous way by peeling off the leaves and scraping the soft flesh with your teeth.  Try not to drool while doing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs