December 03, 2012

Arrivals


And just like that, our life has changed.  Trot has a new little (as in 1 year old just like Ace) brother.  A pit bull as well, he is a gorgeous "blue" with a sparkling personality to match his good looks.  Bear christened him "Huckle" (this link has a bit of naughty words, but the pictures are spot on) upon his arrival and he's been living up to it: eager, easy going, and happy would all be great adjectives to describe our Huckle.


It's been a commotion at times, but not in the way some would assume two male pit bulls create.  Indeed, I'm willing to bet all my favorite cast iron pans that Huckle will soon turn some folks in to pit bull supporters, just as Trot, George, and Sterling have done before him.  I also recognize that I am a dog lover.  A dog truster. And I come equipted with years of experience working at a dog academy.  You might be worried for us; I'm glad as we can always use extra prayers and besides, I'd be lying if I didn't admit I had to meditate on my pounding heart as I anticipated their official introduction.  BUT the meet and greet time came, I acted professionally and the dogs acted swimmingly.  See?  Your prayers are already working.  Thank you and I pinky swear promise that we are all acting on the side of caution.  Let it also be known how cherished Trot is.  I am so very proud of how he is adjusting to this new version of life.  It's been quite a while since he's had another sibling dog around!  Now is a time of bonding for us all.  I trust my God that Huckle came into our lives for a reason.  

Everything you don't see in this video is what I love about it: no posturing, no growling no vicious biting.  Just happy play between two canines.
Trot and Huckle from tj moment on Vimeo.


 *Special thanks to my brother-in-law for once again helping us to rescue a perfect fit for our family!

7 comments:

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Awwwww, I'm so glad they're buddies already!

AngelaShep said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for all of you! He's adorable!

A :) said...

congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Kate said...

Love hearing about your pits, TJ! Welcome Huckle. The dogs look pretty happy playing.

Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

What a great addition to your family!

Emmy said...

Yea!! So glad the transition went so well. And they are both beautiful dogs.

Devon said...

So glad that your pups are getting along... what a wonderful addition to the fam!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs