December 16, 2012

In remembrance

I came to this space and then turned away.  Again and again I tried to come and write, but really there are no words to fully express the shock felt by the Sandy Hook shootings.

Our heads all spin; we weave our questions; we play the "what if" game and it is all so meaningless and guilt-riddled to me because tonight I tucked my sons in to bed.  Tonight I know all my friends with whom I used to teach kindergarten are alive and well.  There are no words for those feeling either- the heavy ridiculousness of using Sandy Hook to review gratitude for my own life while others grieve with an intensity that no living soul should 
ever feel.

Let those small sweet children and brave brave women ever be remembered and cherished. 

1 comments:

Leslie said...

my heart is shattered over this.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs