January 03, 2013

Nutella truffle cookies

The thing is, even if I were cookied out from the holidays*, I still have company rolling into my house, so the cookie jar (really it's more like a cake stand since we go through A LOT of cookies) remains filled.  I got quite creative with this one: Champ received a GIANT box of truffles for Christmas from a student of his and it would be utterly indecent if I were to eat them all.  Champ isn't the biggest fan of truffles, but I kinda make up for that.  Anyway, moving on...

In preparation for this weekend's guests:
 

Nutella Truffle cookies a variation on a recipe from Mary and Jim Gable 
1/2C butter                                           1/2 t salt
1/2C Nutella                                         1 egg
1/2C brown sugar                                 1/2 t vanilla
1/2 C sugar                                           1 1/4C flour
3/4 t baking soda                                   approx 24 chocolate truffles

- preheat oven to 350*.  Combine butter, Nutella, and sugars until creamy.  Add in all remaining ingredients, but the truffles.  Shape into golf size balls and then press with a spoon on to baking sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are set, but not browned.  Remove sheets from oven and allow cookies to cool for 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks.  Immediately following, press 1 truffle into the center of each cookie.  Swirl around chocolate after truffle has melted a bit.  Allow cookies to cool completely.

How does that solve my problem as now I am eating a truffle with each cookie I grab?

*********************************************
I do not like to take food pictures (and I'm awful at it anyway), so that leaves space here for pictures of much cuter topics.

 
 
I'm still hanging with some small friends on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Today this one came in a tutu.  And her Momma's pearls.  She had dressed herself.  She looked smashing.

 

The photography Gods would have smacked me down if I didn't take a picture of her sweetness.  So not one, not two,

  
but 3 photos I share with you- way better than creepy, ugly cookie pictures.  Shots taken, I might add, with my 18-55mm kit lens since my beloved 50mm lens incurred a bit of an injury.  I don't want to talk about it, really I don'tI only mention it here to help remind myself as I wander the land of "manual mode with a kit lens", of how much learning can still be done.  Or at the very least- as a reminder that adorable subjects don't need a fancy lens to photograph well! 
 

*I don't know that I could ever be cookied out

5 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

You know, they say "It's not the camera (or lens) it's the photographer" and I say you've got it going on! Those are sweet photos! The angles are perfect... I especially love the last one... dreamy and soft and the focus is tight. So nice!

I won't comment on your truffle cookies as I'm off sugar, grains, and all good things like that. :P But I plan on sharing some stuff on what I CAN eat... and it's not what you think. (How's that for a cliff-hanger?)

Jess said...

The kit lens is not as demonic as some make it out to be. You've proven that very well. Rock it, TJ!

smalltownme said...

Oh my, thanks for the idea of what to do with all our extra truffles!

Ms Bernardo said...

Anything with Nutella is my weakness, sinful! Happy New Year!

Emmy said...

Oh boo about your lens :( so sorry. You did get beautiful shots- love the angle, wonderful.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs