May 10, 2013

Fast and Furious "Hard Baked" Eggs

You can always tell when Spring has arrived in Vermont because every friend and neighbor starts giving you eggs.  Lots of eggs from giddy, quite productive hens.  A stark change from donning hats and gloves to trudge through snowy months begging anyone and everyone for a handful of eggs.


All these eggs gave me room for failure while trying out a method of "hard boiling" I had seen on Pinterest.  But in the end, it didn't fail at all!!  It worked amazingly and now we are eating all manner of eggs from sun up to sun down.

Fast and Furious Hard Baked Eggs 
- preheat oven to 325*
- decide how many hard baked eggs you want to make
- grab a muffin tin, mini muffin tin, or in my case- a cast iron madeline pan 
- place eggs into each individual cup and bake for 25 minutes (or 30 depending on your oven).
- remove from pan, rinse in cold water and store in fridge until ready to use.

And the bonus?  My fresh from the chicken eggshells peel off faster than you can say "DEVILED"!  No more poking at a raw egg with a needle for this girl, thank you very much.



It's the simple things in life that make us feel productive and competent, right?

Have an eggcellent weekend (you knew that was comingeveryone!

2 comments:

Devon said...

I saw this going around Facebook... I wondered if it really worked! I'm going to give it a try for sure!!!

smalltownme said...

Glad they worked for you. I still have good luck with the boiling...I just turn the burner off after they have started to boil and forget them for ages!

What is your favorite recipe for deviled eggs? For me I mix with mayo and mustard, dust the top with seasoned salt or paprika, and garnish with a slice of sweet pickle.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs