October 14, 2013

"Better Be Fast" Bacon with a side of apples



Can you tell I changed the photo size on this blog?  Well, I did and it's bigger now.  And I fixed the comment form too, so I should realize that I was quite productive this weekend.  Except that the photos are still so small to me and that doesn't feel worth celebrating at all!   

Other signs of so called productivity this weekend:  



Ace worked on his "lounge like a cat" skills.



I made "Better Be Fast" bacon.  To get this recipe correct, it need be made in the morning when everyone has a hankering for bacon and the only bacon in the house is uncooked and frozen solid.

Directions: 
1. Pull bacon from the freezer and preheat oven to 425*.  Unwrap  and put the frozen hunk  on a jelly pan tray.  Cover with another tray and place in oven for approx. 15 minutes or until able to pull apart the bacon. Strain the bacon fat into a container and place the
partially cooked bacon back onto the tray in strips and into the oven for approx 10 minutes more or until brown.  Do not cover.




Bear mined for gold,







And we all went apple picking.  We MEAN IT when we go apple picking...



Hope your weekend was productive as well- in all it's shapes and forms!!

1 comments:

smalltownme said...

I was able to expand the center column of my blog template which gave me room for extra large pictures.

Mmmmm..bacon! My son is cooking some right this minute!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs