January 27, 2014

As if I know how to use a Crystal Ball


This past New Year's, I made a request-prayer really-to God that I learn patience.  I never do resolutions, but a begging plea to God?  I'm good at those.  People I know balk when I tell them I need more patience: "but you are so calm with all those children at work!" "no way- you are so much more patient than me!" "I've never seen you fly off the handle with anyone.".  I lose my temper just writing about those comments.  Ok, maybe not really, but patience is multifaceted and currently I am quite lopsided.  

Check my charts and you will see Scorpio and dragon mentioned. Child of God too, which really means (if we are honest with ourselves) naughty, but loved.  I can do for more patience.  Patience in my own future, patience in how I see the evolving future of others. The ability to allow time and life experience to move at a pace I might not agree with. 



I prefer speed; this year is gonna be a challenge.

That God of mine, He keeps me in check.  He signed on to the patience plan with a giggle and a tap of my shoulder.  Leading me to a great knowledge of self one day, the next Ace is surprisingly up by dawn and all the day long I am as cloudy as a New England fog. I never liked pin the tail on the donkey what with all that spinning of the shoulders.

One Day:





All is accomplished in record time!  Bear's "important work" done and a meal made to highlight his learning.  I edit a few photos, spend time with Champ,  grocery shop, pray, listen.


The Next:



 Please stop spinning me into myself, I just want to move forward.  Wait, You are going to reveal it at Your pace, not mine?  Well this should be interesting. 

3 comments:

smalltownme said...

Life is always so unpredictable, isn't it.

Leslie said...

you are one brave lady...praying for patience is one thing i have always tried not to do...i am to afraid of the testing my patience that might go into it

Jess said...

Oh, how I have missed your blog.

I prayed for patience a lot, years ago, and it wasn't until after I had kids that it really made sense WHY I would do that. What a life...

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs